Can we invest in securities of foreign companies.

Click the below link for news which you can use:NeWsYoUCaNUsE
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Foreign companies securities are not dealt on India stock exchanges. Any security cannot be dealt with unless permitted by SEBI. So, we cannot deal in foreign security directly.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes i know that it is not possible to invest in foreign securities on Indian stock exchanges. But my question is whether we can invest in the same in foreign exchanges.

Good Morning to all friends!

Under the changed regime it is very much possible to invest in foreign securities.The RBI has allowed to remit up to $2,00,000 each financial year for current and capital account transactions which includes this form of investment.In fact ICICIDirect has launched this facility.
Hey thanks Chinmoy. You are an asset. I have a icicidirect account let me check out.

ya iam also having icicidirect account let me check out
Hey Akash do you trade in stock markets.

Yes I found the link in icicidirect account which goes by the name overseas trading. But requires seperate application to be made to be activated.

Yes Jayen it requires activation.I know some people are even going long and short on Dow!
I enquired it requires a passport to open this facility and one can only trade on nyse.

Thanks for sharing it!
Thank you too for prompting me to enquire. Hope this topic will be of use for all.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.