Old age itself is troublesome and a sort of punishment to many. Te continuance of criminal cases against aged and disabled adds to their agony without any useful purpose. Moreover, there is huge backlog of cases in various courts.

My suggestion is that all cases against senior citizens aged eight years or above pending in various courts be dropped. An exception could be made in case of treason and insurgency against the state. As senior citizens at such ripe age cannot even do the normal activities smoothly, it is worth consideration that the senior citizens of 80 years and more may be exempt from trial in any court for criminal offence.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I feel in a way such that they should be punished instead of withdrawing cases.
Sajeetharan- An eighty year old person is too old to commit a criminal offence. As regards offence committed earlier, he would have already suffered a lot either as an under trial prisoner or from the process of prosecution. We also need to reduce the vases in various courts. The suggestion is keeping in view the above facts.

I completely agree with you,Gulshan.There is no point in keeping an octogenarian in jail and no end of justice can be served by doing so.
Gulshan,
I agree with your views.But i have just one doubt.Even though the old people cannot do anything,there is a chance that they might use their experience and attract persons to wrong ways if they are not transformed. How we can confirm that these persons have transformed and will not do any harm to the society.

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
@Meean

Biological laws operate so cruelly at this stage of life,I don't think we need to fear them any longer.
This is a very innovative thinking or rather lateral thinking I can say. But I am opposed to this idea.

Click the below link for news which you can use:NeWsYoUCaNUsE
Mean- Your apprehension is genuine. There is a chance of some old criminals guiding the young. Just as child criminals are treated differently and there are separate juvenile courts for children, some remedy can be incorporated in law for such senior citizens also. Their conduct can be closely monitored so as to keep track of any criminals meeting them. Such cases are likely to be very few in view of age expectancy and health conditions of the aged.

Our jails and so-called reformatories are in desperate need of reforms.Whatever information we get is that conditions there are infernal.A criminal's mind gets further criminalised here!

@Gulshan

Please edit 'desperate' by separate.
this is very foolish suggestion...
if they are criminal they will have to undergo punishment.
and guys this is india..here justices only come when criminal reach to 80-85 year age
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.