Hello,

I request all the members to kindly reduce posting threads which are related to Games, like A B C D game, TION game etc. Boddunan is primarily an educational site and not a social network or fun site, with threads of such type may reduce the fame of the site.

These threads are causing adverse affects on threads which are of more important and pushing back the new threads.

When a newbie joins in this site he may not be aware of all the rules and contests going in Boddunan. With game threads being on top he/she may neglect to look the old threads and creates a negative impact of this site and indeed we may loose some valuable members.

Finally, I see people responding to these threads at a great pace than the reward programs. Last week's GD was just a competition among 3 members, which is really disappointing.

People may think that they may get Daily Forum Activator Award but such threads are not considered for forum activator award.

Further I request Maverick sir to kindly lock such threads as early as possible.

Regards,
Karthik.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This issue was raised by me and many other members long time back. Hope the steps are taken atleast now to reduce the game threads.

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
@Meean,

The main reason for me to raise this issue again is that these game threads are showing adverse affects on the current week's GD.
Hmm ... This issue has been raised many times by many members....
:)
Yes Karthik. You are right. I have started to participate in this week GD, but unable to make it up due to my personal reasons....

Hope good decision would be taken finally :)

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Karthik has raised a serious issue.

I also think so that game threads are only for funa nd just a source to gain more and more points.

I request Maverick Sir to lock these threads so that important discussions can come forward.

Aastha Gupta
Hi Friends,
We have locked few such games threads which lasted for more than a month.
Its the members who decide which thread to respond, If we go on post/replying to games thread then surely they will be displayed on top of forums thread list.
What we can do is:
1. Make Categories as default land up page on clicking Forums link.
2. Participate more in productive threads
3. Make a time limit to Game threads (upto 2 weeks only)

Waiting for your valuable feedback.

-Atul B

atulb@boddunan.com
I am totally agree with you karthik.
Hey last night Maverick sir Ended some games.

I am not very sure about the names of those games but i had seen his post.
@Atul,

Just locking the threads wont give a solution for this problem as members can create few more such threads.

If you have noticed these threads in most of the threads around 40 to 50% of the responses are given by the owner of the thread itself. These are some cleaver tricks followed by the members to gain some quick bucks of points.

The best remedy for this would be either the owner of such threads should be assigned with negative points for spamming in forum section or should be temporarily banned from revenue sharing program for at-least a month or a two. So that he wont repeat such mistake again and indeed these sort of threads can be reduced to a great extent.

Waiting for Maverick sir to comment on the present situation.

Regards,
Karthik.
I think Maverick sir noticed this and he posted this comment, "The game is now closed due to the time duration. Thank you all for your participation" for about 6-7 games.
@karthik, that is a concern being voiced by many of us from time to time. many of the serious discussions are being ignored and there is some amount unfair practice going on to earn points. I just hope the members realise the importance of serious topics.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.