There is a general saying "Everybody is equal in front of god".But when we go to some temples they collect money for darshan. Though they state a reason that they collect money from the rich and give it to the poor is it really good to collect money for darshan?

Is there no other way to generate revenue except issuing darshan tickets?. Also, Why the denominations of the tickets vary?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Agree 100%

But..everything revolves around moneypower...I am sure you guys are aware that even lord Venkateshwara blesses those who give money because he himself is in need of it to repay his debts..

Money talks and rules...
Its because the VIPs will be so damn busy and they cant wait in queue.
If they want to worship God let them throw out the celebrity image and then come to GOD like everyone.If they feel the celebrity image is a problem better not to go for such temple.The VIP image will harrass and ordinary public unknowingly.......and they are creating a sin TTD is also supporting such SIN.
Tickets in temples are managed by humans and not by God or deities. In fact, the deities are themselves captives of the 'holy men'.
This is just a matter of economics. Temples also need money for their management and subsistence of the priests and temple employees The temples also need repairs, painting, cleaning and other expenses. These are to be met by tickets. The rich can pay more and so higher tickets for them. Pricing of tickets in temple is also like pricing of air line, railway and cinema tickets.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Very good and interesting topic taken up here. Tickets to enter temples should stop and should be banned.

Click the below link for news which you can use:NeWsYoUCaNUsE
JAYEN WROTE:
"Very good and interesting topic taken up here. Tickets to enter temples should stop and should be banned."...

exactly jayen...entry fee or the pass should be banned.........
In my childhood days I have seen temples having seperate passage to have Darshan for Forward community people.Just imagine what would be 100 years before.I think(still doubtful) today we have come out with the Cast bias by legislation in front of God.
That is really a bad procedure to visit temple but i think if took muxch queue is there VIP's need to do such things...I think in general queue the waiting is too much and even it will take one day sometimes..
laughsq-20100823.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)
We are all equals before God but not so equal before His self-appointed agents!! Very Good Night to all my friends!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.