Well, Our country was conqured and ruled by Mauryas, Guptas, Chalukyas, Cholas, Pallavas, Mughals and many more.

Any idea on the food style followed by kings and queens of these dynasties? Are we preparing any of the dishes they used during their period? We will score out the hyderabadi biryani and haleem :laugh:
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Well, Our country was conqured and ruled by Mauryas, Guptas, Chalukyas, Cholas, Pallavas, Pandiyas, Mughals and many more.

Any idea on the food style followed by kings and queens of these dynasties? Are we preparing any of the dishes they used during their period? We will score out the hyderabadi biryani and haleem :laugh:

Very interesting points, food for thought....I am sure there are some very interesting recipes to be discovered from those times, will look up on the net and add some more...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

yes, of course.
most of the traditionally prepared items now belong to that category.
Kormas using milk cream and cashew was a royal dish of past.
it's the case of most vegetarian kerala and Tamil dishes....centuries old

Meera sandhu
With the advancement of the world and standard of living, everybody has changed their food habits. Very few dishes are traditionally cooked. Most of the cooking is now done by scientific methods keeping in mind its effect on health.
Well, Our country was conqured and ruled by Mauryas, Guptas, Chalukyas, Cholas, Pallavas, Mughals and many more.

I hope everyone knows about Mughals Briyani. This was inherited from the period of Mughals in India. In tamilnadu, we get Mughal Briyani.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
The popular styles of briyani in India are Hyderabadi, Awadhi, Sindhi, Ambur, Vaniyambadi, Bhatkali, Memoni, Malabar, Thallapakattu, Beary, Buhari, Bombay.
The popular styles of briyani in India are Hyderabadi, Awadhi, Sindhi, Ambur, Vaniyambadi, Bhatkali, Memoni, Malabar, Thallapakattu, Beary, Buhari, Bombay.

Arun Sevlan, My sincere appreciations to you on posting this spicy and delicious reply. I do not think you have left any variety of briyani. Please do not make others feel like hungry (just for fun) :kiss: :kiss:

Arun Sevlan, My sincere appreciations to you on posting this spicy and delicious reply. I do not think you have left any variety of briyani. Please do not make others feel like hungry (just for fun) :kiss: :kiss:

Sandya can tell us more about the varieties and styles. She written lot of recipe as articles.

Sandya can tell us more about the varieties and styles. She written lot of recipe as articles.

Ok Arun. Let us wait with patience for Sandhya to reply on this. I think she is the most appropriate person to discuss about this.

what's this Malabar Biryani. am in Kerla, yet hearing for the first time :blink:

In kerala, Kozhicode Biryani is most famous

Meera sandhu

what's this Malabar Biryani. am in Kerla, yet hearing for the first time :blink:

In kerala, Kozhicode Biryani is most famous

Andhra was free from all the invasions ( In fact, except Mughals, none are the invaders of India.All of them are expanded their kingdoms). Hence we retained our original flavors and our exclusive cuisine.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.