The name A.R.Rahman needs no introduction. The man who redefined contemporary Indian music and is the pride of the entire nation and an idol for millions all over the world needs no preamble. But if you happen to be one, still among the few unfortunate souls, who are a stranger to him and his heavenly music, then read on.
gh.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think the meaning is realted to one of the names of gods.. :) but his actual name is Dilip Kumar.
Oh! Thanks for the update Rajani... I donot know his real name... :P :)

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Thanks for the information friends.. i too didnt know his real name.
yes rajani for posting his real name....even i didn't know......thanks for sharing information akhilesh.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Thanks Akhilesh and Rajani.Both of you have started an important discussion. Rajani thanks for writing his real name.
A.R.Rahman is my favourite singer. I like his songs and music by heart. Beautifully composed western and Indian music style. Just amazing.He has won many awards.
very meaningful information about AR Rehman with his picture

Thanks akhilesh for share this description
Thanks for providing some good information about this great musician- one of my favorites!
A.R Rahman and the music created by this musical genius Truly a legend in every sense and an apt ambassador for India at the world stage His music has class and he is someone who believes in quality more than quantity
Rahman is an Arabic name.It means "Most Merciful".It is the name of Allah , the God.So an 'A' indicating "Abdu" is added before such names as Muslims are not allowed to put the name of Gods."Abdu" means slave.So Abdu Rahman means Slave of most merciful.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
What an explanation? Great abid. Does your name suggests the same?
Thanks abid
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.