London: Millions of people are risking their lives by texting as they saunter along busy streets.

One in 10 mobile phone users sustains injuries because they fail to notice objects, lamp posts or cars, says Joanna Lumdsen of Aston University, UK.

Studies indicate that mobile phone texting uses up so much brain power, people simply don't notice one in five potential hazards as they walk down a pavement, she added.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is the problem not only in London but in India too. :) :)
Personally, it is very hard to imagine a life without mobile phones..It allows me to be in touch with my family and close ones any time through sms. . And it allows people to contact me anytime!

but Sms affecting youth in many ways, this is one example. good thread nagalakshmi
I too say that though it is risky the technology is not avoidable but using it at improper time is not advisable...Thanks for the post Nagalakshmi. :)
Yes, I agree. But for a person to enjoy the benefits of technology first he or she should be alive. Talking over the phone and driving, texting while walking on roads all must be avoided.
I am really scared of the manholes which are open most of the time. :) :)
cell phones are useless for kids and adults.. they just make us more lazy than we are... we just get used to them and then pretend they are indispensable.
I am damn sure those people who get injured are talking to their lovers in traffic.

I half-supported sajeetharan kids and students does not deserve mobiles phone, it is useless for them
I think any technology should be used properly ..and so as mobile...talking and doing someother work is always risky
000203F6-20100917.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)
This is simply mad! I have seen youngsters too absorbed in it to take care of his or her surroundings!!
chinmoymukherjee wrote:
[quote]This is simply mad! I have seen youngsters too absorbed in it to take care of his or her surroundings!! [/quote]

Chinoy, chill down man, we can't improve all of this thing going on, but,

:laugh:
If you we can make our Boddunan Forum Party for Next Election and after we win election.
We would banned youngsters for using mobile
and Would give "Hang till Death" (I know that is not enough) to all those corrupted minister who are sucking blood of indians
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.