UPA-2 seems to have completely lost direction in almost every single way be it in governance, national security, internal security, development initiatives, poverty alleviation and corruption eradication, says Pramod Kumar Buravalli.

The United Progressive Alliance [ Images ] came back to power almost a year and half ago with surprisingly strong numbers in the Lok Sabha. It rode on a wave of strong economic growth, due to populist policies such as loan waivers, rural employment scheme, the right to information and due to the simplistic nature of Manmohan Singh [ Images ]. It seemed that the people of India [ Images ] wanted to give a clear mandate to one of the two national parties instead of fractured verdicts but things have begun to unravel dramatically ever since the re-election.

The government of India led by UPA-2 seems to have completely lost direction in almost every single way be it in governance, national security, internal security, development initiatives, poverty alleviation and corruption eradication.

http://news.rediff.com/column/2010/sep/16/was-re-electing-manmohan-singh-a-big-mistake.htm
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
First he was never a politician and a technocrat with political ambitions.I think he was more successful as finance minister and as Prime Minister he is not being his own man rather Madam Gandhi's man!!!
I agree with you chinoy, but there is some good point

(I am supporting any parties, I am just telling about person
I hate politics, you all know that)

1. He is not politician, that is really great, that means he is not corrupted person

2. He was finance minister, then means he is educated, he deserves this place, he has good experience about bad politicians and party members

3. He is under sonia madam, but, still managing everything perfect, I don't know whether sonia is managing or manmohan. But their management is perfect

4. He knows the inner politics and can manage in his educated style....

I think he deserves again this place... as a human not politician
I think being a human he should use his experience too and as he is not politician, as said by my co-members he is not suited to manage the seat of PM but can continue as fiancial minister...

Harshal in any organization if the manager says that he can not manage will that organization ever survive..???
Well i just want to say that as a human he is really very good and even as FM he was good but the PM position is not meant for him if he cannt manage...
It is very hard to see any good thing done by this govt.

1.Inflation,
2. External threat from China and pak,
3. internal threat from maoist, j&K, kerla, azamgarh, North east
4. Growing Muslim extremism and support of this govt just for vote.
5. Use of Machinery for political purpus.
6. Farmer suicide.
It is been continued from last many years... nothing new here
The problem with him is that he is not a mass leader and he knows it too well.That's why he is averse to face any direct election.He happens to be the first prime minister who is not a member of Lok Sabha.He views things with the tunnel vision of an economist with obsession of economic growth without any concern for social justice.Although he hailed from a very poor family but doesn't seem to care for them.His record in tackling corruption which is the singlemost stumbling block for our progress and a grave danger to our very existence has been abysmally poor.Lastly,his low self-esteem in allowing himself to be subservient to Gandhi family!
He is a simple educated man who unnecessary got involved in managing country...

He was better in managing finance...
He is basically an academician and not an idealist.In our present political situation one must be ready to compromise with his principles to survive.And Dr. Singh is struggling to compromise with his principles.The way he suggested that Rahul Gandhi should join his cabinet I was shamed!It was sychophancy of the worst kind!
He is no way a good politician. He is a good economist. :) :)
Re electing congress was a big mistake , how ever Manmohan is'nt PM real PM is RAHUL and Sonia.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.