The question has agitated our minds like many other Indians.What is your take?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
As the verdict of Allhabad high court is expected on 24th of this month and I consider it to be an appropriate moment to restart this debate.
This is a question that can be better answered by History scholars. I believe that Ramayana is not part of history. Rama was hero of the Epic title Ramayana' by Valmiki. This is mythological. Whatever be the position, Hindus regard rama as an avatar (incarnation) of Lord Vishnu- a Hindu god/ deity and worship him. This is a sentimental matter and many may not give a logical or authoritative answer. Personally, i shall depend on answer given by experts on History of India.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

That's right,Gulshan! Very good to know your views and let me know that of other members.
According to Hindu mythology, Ram is god who came to world and lived with people teaching them the purest way of living. That is like Jesus of western countries.
My own belief which is not backed by any historical studies is that he is a historical figure.
Krishna, Rama, Christ etc are not Historical figures. There is no archiological or historical evidance for the existance of such persons.
@Sajeetharan

It's too premature to comment on the archeological evidences as the work in this respect is far from being complete!!
That is true Sajeetharan as lot of thing related to Christ have been found..which makes us believe that he is historic character..Regarding Rama i think it is mythological only as complete Ramayan was written..and without any historic evidence we cannot know whether it is historic figure..
I wonder if an epic like Ramayana could have been written on pure imagination!
I don't think it could be pure imagination...

There are evidences found regarding there evidences.....
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.