A goods train ran through a herd of elephants on Tuesday, killing seven of them and injuring one near Jalpaiguri in West Bengal.

click here to know more
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Yes this is the biggest incident in India in which 7 elephants died in a single day :)
Yes this is the biggest incident in India in which 7 elephants died in a single day.
Oh! This is very horrible to here. :(

How come they were crossing the railway track... Poor elephants... :(

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
This is indeed,a great tragedy and once again point to the problem of destruction of animal habitats which are being mindlessly interfered with.Railways lines are being laid all across the elephant corridors and this tragedy is a result of this!
This is indeed a great tragedy! Where we should be striving to protect the natural environment of the beautiful animals, we are building tracks right in the middle of those corridors! And on the other side we spend 10 days and billions of rupees celebrating and worshipping the elephant god Lord Ganesha!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

yes thats true Kalyani --- Thats what my point is... Why were the elephants left like that... or why were the tracks laid where the elephants were present...

Poor elephants... I think they havent guessed the great danger... :(

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
They are so intelligent and expressed their anger by blocking the railway tracks for several hours!
that's a very bad news about 7 elephants being killed in a single day....i read it in yesterday's news paper....
Hmm --- Yesterday it was the turn of a horse......

But the lucky horse is very fortune enough to escape for the death.... :)

Have a look at the below video........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulCKnEH03CE

:dry:

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
That is true they are not taken care...or else why r there left there?
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.