Cold wave and snowfall across Kashmir valley have affected normal life of Kashmiries. The Jammu and Kashmir authorities have closed National Highway and schools.
Officials said that the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway has been closed due to heavy snowfall in the Valley. The schools were also closed that were open for the extra classes.

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The valley witnessed more than 1.25 feet snow at Qazigund in Anantnag district. The road clearance work is going on, said Coordinator in the Natural Disaster Management Cell Aamir Ali.
The state authorities have announced that all the schools will remain closed for winter vacation to avoid inconvenience to the students. However, it was announced earlier that schools will be opened for classes IX, X, XI and XII during winter.
The valley is also facing power disruptions and telephone disconnections due to heavy snowfall. The intense cold wave that put the temperature minus degrees Celsius in many part of the valley, has hampered the tourism department too.

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
When heavy rain is there schools closes in my state.Like this there snow fall!

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Extreme cold wave is seen this year. This is never expected to see. The climate here in Hyd is very cold..
Records say that this cold is never experienced in 40 years of Hyd history.

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Yes very severe cold wave this year..And J&K is very near to himalayas so snowfall is obvious..

Deepti is is true that hyd is recording 18 degress and less...i too heard its very cold there. :ohmy:
Yes Rajani...And for more information, The minimum temperature in AP is recorded as 7 degree Celsius in Adilabad... It was 30 years ago that Adilabad recorded the lowest of 6 degrees.

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.