Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Nowadays, I also noticed that, My English grammar is improving.

Thanks to Boddunan.

Be positive
The reason youngsters no longer read is because there parents themselves do not read. Young children start their learning process by looking at their parents. If they see their parents reading very often, they too will show interest in reading. If the parents themselves do not read, only insist that the children read, it is but natural that reading is ignored.

Exactly Kalyani, here I have no other option rather than agreeing with you on this note. The elders not only required to urge the young minds but also set a live example in the form of themselves. Really, how can someone urge or advise someone to do something without himself/ herself following it...! :)
Whatever we learn we should do practical of it. So when you learn grammar you should try to implement it then only there will be use of learning

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

The grammatical rules are well-structured and you need to comprehend them well! You understand them fully or don't understand at all.No halfway house!
The rules are grammar are like traffic rules. If we won't follow traffic rules then there will be accidents and some times need to pay fine. In the same way, if we won't follow grammar rules then there will be no meaning in the sentence and this may lead to wrong meaning also.

Practise makes a man perfect and therefore we should make the habit of writing and speaking English grammatically correctly.
That's true but in spoken one needs to have command in certain areas like idiomatic usages apart from fundamental grammatical rules.
Even vocabulary is also a part of our english, so whenever we find a word which is unknown to us we should immediately try to learn the meaning of it. so that our English skill improves.

Even pronunciation of words are something to note for when it comes about speaking English. I do find small children in my neighborhood speaking English fluently with or very little knowledge of English Grammar...!
Speaking English fluently and doing so correctly are two different issues.May be earlier exposure helps but I was struck by the finding pusblished recently of a scholar of Harvard doing reserch on this subject to be disagreeing on this point!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.