The topic is locked.
While I am writing articles, I am confused while placing these two words. :huh:
According to me, 'practice' is noun and 'practise' is verb.

But my Microsoft word shows errors and if they are used interchanged, it is not showing errors.
I or Microsoft word, who is correct?

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 6337]}
m1302.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
While I am writing articles, I am confused while placing these two words. :huh:
According to me, 'practice' is noun and 'practise' is verb.

But my Microsoft word shows errors and if they are used interchanged, it is not showing errors.
I or Microsoft word, who is correct?

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 6337]}

MS Word! {CJATTACHMENT ["id": 6339]}
I agree that 'practise' is verb and 'practice' is noun. But this is British English. Microsoft follows American English.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
I agree that 'practise' is verb and 'practice' is noun. But this is British English. Microsoft follows American English.

If so, what should we do?
I think, I am not wrong if I follow British English for writing articles.

Same is the case of many words like, 'neighbourhood'. 'u' shows errors. What should we do in that cases?

Meera sandhu
You needn't be this much worried or confused about the spelling styles of British and US English. Both are equaly accepted although the latter has got a little more edge in the modern world. Still, most of the Indians follow British English. If you are confident that the spelling of any word you type is correct either in the British style or in the US style, go forward and left away the confusion. What's important is the stuff with correct grammar with alluring presentation.
You needn't be this much worried or confused about the spelling styles of British and US English. Both are equaly accepted although the latter has got a little more edge in the modern world. Still, most of the Indians follow British English. If you are confident that the spelling of any word you type is correct either in the British style or in the US style, go forward and left away the confusion. What's important is the stuff with correct grammar with alluring presentation.

Oh..my friend....at last you come..... :cheer:

Meera sandhu
American spelling differs many ways. 'Cheque' is 'check' in American. In India, British spelling is standard. We can add to MS. dictionary. When yo right click the wrongly spelled word, there is an option for adding. If you are sure that your spelling is correct, just add and next time, MS will not show this as mistake.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Both are correct as practice comes basically from Latin collection. Like I am used to writing Labour, colour etc but US dictionary rejects them If I write for English sites I have to according to English version.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Both are correct as practice comes basically from Latin collection. Like I am used to writing Labour, colour etc but US dictionary rejects them If I write for English sites I have to according to English version.

When you are writing for US sites, are you following American dictionary?

Meera sandhu

When you are writing for US sites, are you following American dictionary?

Yes I have both versions, as my clients in UK and US have clear instructions to follow English or American dictionary.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

So, it's the answer!

I would prefer to use practice for noun and practise for verb,as before.
Is there any other words in English Dictionary which have different UK/US spellings?

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.