Idiom is a phrase which gives an entirely different meaning from common meaning of that group of words if decoded separately and some of them look really funny. Why can't we study a few and increase our knowledge???
For example, if we use the phrase 'kicked the bucket', it means 'died' which is entirely different from the word meanings kick and bucket :cheer: . Why can't you quote some common ones???

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Laugh' is in good sense. This just means that there is some thing funny.

But 'last laugh' means that that there is some winner who laughs while others, being losers,weep.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Laugh' is in good sense. This just means that there is some thing funny.

But 'last laugh' means that that there is some winner who laughs while others, being losers,weep.

But if we decode it with direct meaning, it means...last laugh of a person :woohoo: :woohoo: (In our language we do say so)

Meera sandhu
I have chanced upon an interesting one - hoist with one's own petard!! Find out its meaning!!
I have chanced upon an interesting one - hoist with one's own petard!! Find out its meaning!!

I think, I should have started it like a game. By this way, members would have find its meaning. No problem. We can do it now onwards :woohoo:

"Injured by the device that you intended to use to injure others." searched from google. Shakespeare has used it in Hamlet.

We say, falling into a well which we have dig for another one.

Meera sandhu

I think, I should have started it like a game. By this way, members would have find its meaning. No problem. We can do it now onwards :woohoo:

"Injured by the device that you intended to use to injure others." searched from google. Shakespeare has used it in Hamlet.

Be a victim of one's own devious game!!!

Be a victim of one's own devious game!!!

Of course!!!
What a phrase....how can we bi-heart it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu
A leopard can not change his spot.we use it to indicate some bad habits.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

Is it an idiom???? :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :S

Meera sandhu
[quote]RAM PROSAD ACHARYYA wrote:

Is it an idiom???? [/quote]
I thin so. What is your answer.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
[quote]RAM PROSAD ACHARYYA wrote:

Is it an idiom????

I thin so. What is your answer.[/quote]

It's not an idiom yaar....i think it's a saying/proverb

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.