Is it grammatically correct to write a sentence with two or more "With","for","of" "or", "and" ....other similar prepositions or articles.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I have many a times seen more than twice use of the word "or". So "or" can be used more than twice in a sentence, it is correct. Regarding "and" and "with", if they are used more than once in a sentence, the sentence becomes complex. It is also correct. I have no idea about "for" and "of". I think repetition of all these words in different forms can give us complex and compound sentences.
If it is needed then one may write these prepositions twice but provided that they precede a noun or a pronoun and are needed to link the sentence.

Here is the link to a very lovely article that I found on the use of prepositions, I hope it will help you.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Is it grammatically correct to write a sentence with two or more "With","for","of" "or", "and" ....other similar prepositions or articles.

I am totally with you without a doubt for your concern here and would like to know about these with more knowledgeable members and would be pleased to learn.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

It all depends on the demands of a particular situation while making sentences. Using these prepositions and conjunctions more than once in a sentence does not make it ungrammatical! For example,I went with my brother with the sole intention of watching the game- is a perfectly grammatically constructed sentence!
It all depends on the demands of a particular situation while making sentences. Using these prepositions and conjunctions more than once in a sentence does not make it ungrammatical! For example,I went with my brother with the sole intention of watching the game- is a perfectly grammatically constructed sentence!

OK I agree, the sentence has sense too..but sometimes repetition is not accepted, especially in US English...most of the web content is US English based..
If it is needed then one may write these prepositions twice but provided that they precede a noun or a pronoun and are needed to link the sentence.

Here is the link to a very lovely article that I found on the use of prepositions, I hope it will help you.

You forgot the link...

OK I agree, the sentence has sense too..but sometimes repetition is not accepted, especially in US English...most of the web content is US English based..

Can you cite a few cases of such rejections?

one example is: This 3D illuminated wood puzzle is a fun and educative tool that challenges your kids thinking ability and develops their creative thinking skills.

here and is used two times..its told that comma should be there in such case... :unsure: In US English its not allowed..???? "The" is also not allowed to be used often in US English...(said by editor of the site)
:S

You forgot the link...

Sorry I don't know how I managed to forget the most important part!!! :whistle:

Here it is:
http://robin.hubpages.com/hub/Grammar_Mishaps__Prepositions_

one example is: This 3D illuminated wood puzzle is a fun and educative tool that challenges your kids thinking ability and develops their creative thinking skills.

here and is used two times..its told that comma should be there in such case... :unsure: In US English its not allowed..???? "The" is also not allowed to be used often in US English...(said by editor of the site)
:S

The above example that you have given, there is no necessity of a comma in it because there is a clear demarcation of the adjective part from the purpose of the said object, that is, thinking ability and develops their creative thinking skills. Therefore, as far as I understand, comma would not be required.

As to the usage of The it is strictly to be used only only when required, mainly to keep the sentences as short as possible. This is because when it comes to reading any information on the internet, it is advisable to keep them as short and simple as possible because attention of the reader may wander , therefore use of such words is restricted to as minimum as possible.

Thank you said by: Rajani K
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.