Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It does indicate an uncertain status but a status all the same. It may be suffering from improper usage thus an infelicitous expression!

Hmmmmmm........ :huh: Okay, well, so I guess in certain scenarios, such phrases are correct!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It does indicate an uncertain status but a status all the same. It may be suffering from improper usage thus an infelicitous expression!

Hmmmmmm........ :huh: Okay, well, so I guess in certain scenarios, such phrases are correct!

Actually what you have been maintaining is correct. In English grammatical correctness alone does not make a sentence perfect. Usage forms a vital element and the sentence in question doesn't meet this test!
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Actually what you have been maintaining is correct. In English grammatical correctness alone does not make a sentence perfect. Usage forms a vital element and the sentence in question doesn't meet this test!

:) :) Okay, so that means this sentence is actually not appropriate or should not be there!!

Use of with, not and standing as a single word is very common in legal drafting. The word is 'notwithstanding'. I think this means 'even though'.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Use of with, not and standing as a single word is very common in legal drafting. The word is 'notwithstanding'. I think this means 'even though'.

Hmmm...that's another aspect of the language that should also be considered!!

Thanks for the link kalyani (My English MAM) :) ...but in the I got one doubt again... :blink: is this sentence correct.. "My dog is where"? :blink:

Its my pleasure Rajani! :) :) :)

Re: the sentence "My dog is where"? no that would be wrong and also it does not sound so right and good. Like what Usha has stated, it is also necessary for the sentence to sound right, to keep the reader interested.

Therefore, this sentence will be more better written as "where is my dog at?" Now here, at is again a preposition that is conventionally never written at the end of the sentence, but still this sentence is neither grammatically wrong nor does it sound awful. Therefore such sentences are acceptably used frequently.

In the article its stated that "My dog is where"? is correct..that's why I was surprised... :huh:

I am surprised too....was this accepted and published??? :blink:

Yes it was the same article..link give by you..
Thanks for the link kalyani (My English MAM) :) ...but in the I got one doubt again... :blink: is this sentence correct.. "My dog is where"? :blink:

Its my pleasure Rajani! :) :) :)

Re: the sentence "My dog is where"? no that would be wrong and also it does not sound so right and good. Like what Usha has stated, it is also necessary for the sentence to sound right, to keep the reader interested.

Therefore, this sentence will be more better written as "where is my dog at?" Now here, at is again a preposition that is conventionally never written at the end of the sentence, but still this sentence is neither grammatically wrong nor does it sound awful. Therefore such sentences are acceptably used frequently.

In the article its stated that "My dog is where"? is correct..that's why I was surprised... :huh:

I am surprised too....was this accepted and published??? :blink:

Yes it was the same article..link give by you..

:unsure: :dry: :blink: :laugh:

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.