Simplicity is the essence of all good English writing. Writing should emerge from your deeply felt beliefs and convictions. Sentences should be short and simple. As far as possible monosyllabic or short polysyllabic words should be used. Writing is a reflection of our personality. Just as a simple life style defines a beautiful personality, so simple language and expression defines a beautiful style KISS means Keep It Short and Simple Some versions say it stands for 'Keep it simple, stupid!' What do you say?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Simplicity is the essence of all good English writing. Writing should emerge from your deeply felt beliefs and convictions. Sentences should be short and simple. As far as possible monosyllabic or short polysyllabic words should be used. Writing is a reflection of our personality. Just as a simple life style defines a beautiful personality, so simple language and expression defines a beautiful style KISS means Keep It Short and Simple Some versions say it stands for 'Keep it simple, stupid!' What do you say?

I agree with you- Keep it simple stupid.
Welcome to Boddunan. :)

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I agree. Our conversation and letters should be short and clear. Long and complex sentences suit only legal and official writing.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Welcome to Boddunan.com Bhagwat.
I really don't understand your post.
I agree. Our conversation and letters should be short and clear. Long and complex sentences suit only legal and official writing.

Probably that is the reason most of the people do not understand and follow the rules. There are so many laws and bylaws that following apart to understand them is difficult.

Welcome to Boddunan.com Bhagwat.
I really don't understand your post.

yes, me too :dry: :dry:

The discussion is about simplicity. But it's presented in a complex way. :P

Hai bhagat
Welcome to our group

Meera sandhu

Probably that is the reason most of the people do not understand and follow the rules. There are so many laws and bylaws that following apart to understand them is difficult.

The lawyers including Mahatma Gandhi were instrumental in transfer of power from British. So, the lawyers- including Pt Nehru and Sardat Patel- got power. The constitution and law were made complex so that lawyers' job or income may flourish. If law is simple, you will not need lawyer.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Hi Bhagwath , welcome to Boddunan :) ...I agree that we have to keep it short and simple whenever possible which may not always be the case...Like in your post, you have had to use a few sentences to get your point across, and that is what is important , when we post, to make out posts informative and interesting if possible !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The lawyers including Mahatma Gandhi were instrumental in transfer of power from British. So, the lawyers- including Pt Nehru and Sardat Patel- got power. The constitution and law were made complex so that lawyers' job or income may flourish. If law is simple, you will not need lawyer.

haha- you said it sir. If the calculation of taxes and excise was simpler no industry or individual would look for a consultant. This should be rewritten to make it simpler, I am sure, lot more revenue would be generated.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Welcome to boddunan Bhagwat!! Yes, the key is to keeping it simple and understandable! Sometimes to make something understood, you need to explain it in a long-winded manner, just like you did now to explain the rule of keeping it short and simple!!! :laugh: :) Cheers and enjoy your time here!!! :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

haha- you said it sir. If the calculation of taxes and excise was simpler no industry or individual would look for a consultant. This should be rewritten to make it simpler, I am sure, lot more revenue would be generated.

That explains everything now, why the lawyers are so expensive, the CA's fees, etc etc. :laugh:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.