Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
English has borrowed words from many languages. I have a dictionary titled- 'origin of words'. This gives origin of english words from Greek, Latin, French, Chinese etc. This also includes history of English- Old English, mid English and modern English.

I think we should follow Queen's English and Oxford dictionary which is standard of the language.

Yes please, i agree with you. The charm of Queen's English is altogether a different proposition
Words like Bunglow, Mulligatwany ( gets its name from Mulug tanni in tamil) soup, Bandicoot ( Pandikokku in telugu) have all become a part of English language ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Words like Bunglow, Mulligatwany ( gets its name from Mulug tanni in tamil) soup, Bandicoot ( Pandikokku in telugu) have all become a part of English language ..

Sepoy and Jawan are the two English words that came from Hindi/ urdu. They are "Sipahi" and "Jawan" respectively

Kaput is a french word and a term in the card game that means totally defeated. It can be used for the context, "Out of date."
I liked Pandikokku
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.