I have noticed that some authors unnecessarily use the word 'then' in articles This isd apparently literal translation of the way you write in local language.

For example: If you wish to pass the exam, then you should study hard.

Here 'then' after 'exam,' is superfluous.

The sentence should be: If you wish to pass the exam, you should study hard.

Owing to lengthy articles, it is not always possible for editors to correct every sentence. I request the authors to take a note of this.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I have noticed that some authors unnecessarily use the word 'then' in articles This isd apparently literal translation of the way you write in local language.

Owing to lengthy articles, it is not always possible for editors to correct every sentence. I request the authors to take a note of this.

Sure. And regarding the usage of 'then' you are 100% right.
Thanks Gulshanji... I have such habit and I am already working on it. I mean I have reduced its use at unnecessary places. Will keep in mind.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

I am sure each one of us has some such usage which we get used to over a period of time.....it is good to get these tips that would help us get over them. :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thanks Gulshan Ji even I too have that habit trying to amend it. :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.