Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am very poor in spellings. My handwriting is very poor as well. Now I don't write and instead use only computer key board. The spell check in word system is of great help. Now poor hand writing is also no issue. But when I wrote, poor handwriting was also an advantage. Even if I spelled wrong, nobody would find this out obviously because of poor handwriting. This was a blessing in disguise.

I remember an anecdote. I retired voluntarily government job and commenced share broker business.in 1991. I hired a cabin in Sanjay Place, a prominent business area in Agra. I was given facility of a computer typist. I gave him something to type. He typed wrongly and on questioning he blamed my poor handwriting. Then i wrote in capital letters and again he failed. Then I gave him a dictation and he again failed. Then I told him that not my poor handwriting but his bad English was culprit.

What you mentioned in your first paragraph about not being able to find the spelling mistakes is a joke I heard at many places on TV and read in various newspapers and magazines. So you have literally lived that joke :laugh:
And yes, it was good reading about your firsthand experience with the dictation.

Really, I am not joking. Many colleagues would make joke with me. I got first position in an exam. My friends joked that the examiner could not read well and hence gave more marks giving me benefit of doubt.

It's a nice joke :woohoo: :woohoo:
then what about doctor's prescription :silly: :silly:
they write in coded language :evil: :evil:

let me edit the post to add the link
http://www.boddunan.com/forum/11-general-discussions/3571-are-you-interested-in-money-earning-from-buddonan.html#325057

Meera sandhu
Hi Abhi.. Haha.. Even I have faced similar thing few times when I forgot very simple word which was very easy that kid can also spell.. But on few time it just got blackout. :D

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Hi Abhi.. Haha.. Even I have faced similar thing few times when I forgot very simple word which was very easy that kid can also spell.. But on few time it just got blackout. :D

You really used a good word 'blackout'. I liked that. And in fact, even I was blackout when I was writing the above discussion. I am sure there might be many of us who have had such an experience.
The word pronunciation was earlier spelled by me as pronounciation. It fixes in my mind and whenever I write the word, I miss-spelled it. After conscious effort I fixed the problem.
Have you ever been in such a funny situation ever - The other day when I was teaching my students, I suddenly forgot the spelling of "first". I thought it was "frist" and not "first". I wrote "frist". It was embarrassing to know that I misspelt it when I referred. I was very uncomfortable checking for the right spelling in front of the students.

It can happen, not with simple words but others ...like once I wrote Dairy while discussing about a blog and later was embarrassed when it was pointed out and changed the spelling to Diary...we do it unconsciously I guess ! Many people fumble with words like ought and thought ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The word pronunciation was earlier spelled by me as pronounciation. It fixes in my mind and whenever I write the word, I miss-spelled it. After conscious effort I fixed the problem.

Hahahahaha another amusing spelling error - "miss-spelled". I am not pointing out mistakes, but please just take it on a lighter note. :laugh:
Have you ever been in such a funny situation ever - The other day when I was teaching my students, I suddenly forgot the spelling of "first". I thought it was "frist" and not "first". I wrote "frist". It was embarrassing to know that I misspelt it when I referred. I was very uncomfortable checking for the right spelling in front of the students.

It can happen, not with simple words but others ...like once I wrote Dairy while discussing about a blog and later was embarrassed when it was pointed out and changed the spelling to Diary...we do it unconsciously I guess ! Many people fumble with words like ought and thought ...

"Though", "Thought", "Thorough", "Weather", "Whether" are some words that are often spelled in the wrong way. The example I gave of "First" and "Frist" is one such for me.
I am very poor in spellings. My handwriting is very poor as well. Now I don't write and instead use only computer key board. The spell check in word system is of great help. Now poor hand writing is also no issue. But when I wrote, poor handwriting was also an advantage. Even if I spelled wrong, nobody would find this out obviously because of poor handwriting. This was a blessing in disguise.

I remember an anecdote. I retired voluntarily government job and commenced share broker business.in 1991. I hired a cabin in Sanjay Place, a prominent business area in Agra. I was given facility of a computer typist. I gave him something to type. He typed wrongly and on questioning he blamed my poor handwriting. Then i wrote in capital letters and again he failed. Then I gave him a dictation and he again failed. Then I told him that not my poor handwriting but his bad English was culprit.

What you mentioned in your first paragraph about not being able to find the spelling mistakes is a joke I heard at many places on TV and read in various newspapers and magazines. So you have literally lived that joke :laugh:
And yes, it was good reading about your firsthand experience with the dictation.

Really, I am not joking. Many colleagues would make joke with me. I got first position in an exam. My friends joked that the examiner could not read well and hence gave more marks giving me benefit of doubt.

I know that you are not joking. But I was wondering how life gives us all the good and the bad experiences. And yes, there are some amusing and spicy experiences as well.

Anyway, bad handwriting is a drawback. We need to be aware of this and reduce this as far as possible. Hence, I usually type instead of writing. even when I write, I use either capital letters or ensure that every alphabet is clearly seen. For this I give more space between alphabets. This makes my writing legible and the reader is not put to inconvenience.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I know that you are not joking. But I was wondering how life gives us all the good and the bad experiences. And yes, there are some amusing and spicy experiences as well.

Anyway, bad handwriting is a drawback. We need to be aware of this and reduce this as far as possible. Hence, I usually type instead of writing. even when I write, I use either capital letters or ensure that every alphabet is clearly seen. For this I give more space between alphabets. This makes my writing legible and the reader is not put to inconvenience.

That's rightly said. And as you are a tax consultant, you may always need to write things related to your work. I suggest you hire someone to work for you (how about me? ;) )
Yes I also faced this problem many times.Sometimes I also forget the easy spellings and I had to find that correct spelling.

Sharmistha Banerjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.