The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
:) Gujrati also have separate word for female Dikri.
Let us congratulate British for inventing 'she'. We have still not Hindi equivalent yet. We use 'voh' for male and female both. However we use different verb form for feminine gender unlike English who use the same verb form irrespective of gender.

We have in Telugu language separate words for He and She . They are Atadu and Aame respectively.

I guess all south Indian Languages have separate words for he and she including Kannada, Tulu and Tamil, the three that I know of.... also kodava language !

True, this difference was marked by me long ago. Can you please throw some light on kodava language if its not out of the way?

Sure ! Kodava language is spoken by Kodavas who are from a district called Coorg in Karnataka.It is a beautiful hill resort and Kodavas trace back their ancestry to Greeks ( part of Alexanders troop that settled down in Karnataka...)Coorgs are a very good looking race and their language 'Kodava is a mixture of Kannada,Tulu and Malayalam...
Let us congratulate British for inventing 'she'. We have still not Hindi equivalent yet. We use 'voh' for male and female both. However we use different verb form for feminine gender unlike English who use the same verb form irrespective of gender.

We have in Telugu language separate words for He and She . They are Atadu and Aame respectively.

I guess all south Indian Languages have separate words for he and she including Kannada, Tulu and Tamil, the three that I know of.... also kodava language !

True, this difference was marked by me long ago. Can you please throw some light on kodava language if its not out of the way?

Sure ! Kodava language is spoken by Kodavas who are from a district called Coorg in Karnataka.It is a beautiful hill resort and Kodavas trace back their ancestry to Greeks ( part of Alexanders troop that settled down in Karnataka...)Coorgs are a very good looking race and their language 'Kodava is a mixture of Kannada,Tulu and Malayalam...

Very kind of you. I remember I read that women of Coorg are beautiful and men are warriors. If I'm not wrong some of our army chiefs were from Coorg.

Very kind of you. I remember I read that women of Coorg are beautiful and men are warriors. If I'm not wrong some of our army chiefs were from Coorg.

Yes thats true,although Kodavas are a very small community, the number f them joining forces is very large...probably the Greek warrior genes that compels them !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thanks for this very interesting piece of information.

I love writing and sharing ideas

Thanks for this very interesting piece of information.

It is not appropriate to dig such an old thread and give comments. This thread is now locked.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.