A repartee is according to dictionary, the practice or faculty of making witty retorts or wit in quick reply.
Once Bernard Shaw, one of the greatest playwrights sent a message to Winston Churchill.
I’m enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play. Bring a friend if you have one.
Churchill retorted,” Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second, if there is one.”
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I remember another: A priest advised- the best thing is to abstain from women, wine and gamble. The follower said- Perhaps I don't suit to the best. Please tell the next.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: rambabu
I remember another: A priest advised- the best thing is to abstain from women, wine and gamble. The follower said- Perhaps I don't suit to the best. Please tell the next.

Yes sir. that's another example for repartee.
Once Churchill was confronted by a woman.
She said, " Had I been your wife, i would have given you poison.
Churchill said, Had I been your husband i would have drunk the poison.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
A very good example Sir. Here goes another one:

"He hasn't an enemy in the world, but all his friends hate him."-----Eddie Cantor.

I love writing and sharing ideas

I remember a repartee from Churchill A modest little person, with much to be modest about.
A repartee is according to dictionary, the practice or faculty of making witty retorts or wit in quick reply.
Once Bernard Shaw, one of the greatest playwrights sent a message to Winston Churchill.
I’m enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play. Bring a friend if you have one.
Churchill retorted,” Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second, if there is one.”

I don't have any example to cite, but this is a great tool in case we wish to get back at sometime by still being polite.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Here is a repartee involving Bernard Shaw and G.K Chesterton.
One day both approached a narrow London alley from either end. Normally, one waits at one's end for the other to pass, because two persons can't cross without discomfort. Each saw the other, but advanced. Face-to-face midway, glaring but without a word, one finally turned aside to let the other pass. As he brushed past, GK Chesterton bellowed, "I don't give way to fools." Quick was Shaw's whisper: "But I do."
http://somethingtosmile.blogspot.in/2007/10/wit-of-george-bernard-shaw-and-gilbert.html
Here is a repartee involving Bernard Shaw and G.K Chesterton.
One day both approached a narrow London alley from either end. Normally, one waits at one's end for the other to pass, because two persons can't cross without discomfort. Each saw the other, but advanced. Face-to-face midway, glaring but without a word, one finally turned aside to let the other pass. As he brushed past, GK Chesterton bellowed, "I don't give way to fools." Quick was Shaw's whisper: "But I do."
http://somethingtosmile.blogspot.in/2007/10/wit-of-george-bernard-shaw-and-gilbert.html

ha.ha an extremely good example of a repartee!

It was a good one sir.
Disappointed by the real life look of her favorite actor, a fan said,
"Before your arrival I was impatiently looking towards the Entrance of the auditorium. "
The Pleased actor said, "Now are you looking towards me"?
" No, looking towards the Exit."
Thank you said by: Mousumi Ghosh
Disappointed by the real life look of her favorite actor, a fan said,
"Before your arrival I was impatiently looking towards the Entrance of the auditorium. "
The Pleased actor said, "Now are you looking towards me"?
" No, looking towards the Exit."

Wonderful! Witty and wise.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.