There are times where I come across or experience incidences that are funny especially using the English language while speaking.

**While assisting one of the HR's for an interview for the post of an international tele-caller,
HR:"What are your Hobbies?"
Candidate:"Sir, I have many hubbies,my favourite hubby is painting..."
we were literally laughing.:D

**An American lady asked my friend (in American Accent),"Are you going to College Today?"
She literally heard it as "Are you going to College to die?" for which she replied,"No,I am going to College to study" :)

**One day,one of my friends brought his sister to our College to show her around.He was basically from a Regional language background and found it hard to converse in proper English,so would talk in broken English.He instructed her to be at the library while we were at a class.After sometime,he got up and said to the class "Sir,my sister passed away".We all were surprised and offered our condolences,when he said "No,no just now she is passing away" when we realized that he wanted to say that his sister was 'passing by' :)

**One day,I did not talk or play with my niece and was preparing lecture notes.She came and asked me,"Swetha Maasi,are you Mad?".I was startled with her question and replied "what?!".She asked me again,"No,are you mad?". I was scratching my head thinking should I say her a yes or no.She then understood that I did not understand and she asked again "Are you mad at me because you did not play with me?".I was laughing as soon as she completed this question because she substituted the word "Mad" to "Angry" :)

English, as it seems to many that it is a tough language to master,but nevertheless; even to the speakers of English,it sometimes seems funny!

Swetha Shenoy

Swetha Shenoy
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I have heard some the above jokes. thanks for sharing with us swetha.
Yes,even I heard them before,but they happened before my very own eyes :)

Swetha Shenoy
That was gooood...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Download latest movies
With low size
High Quality
BMovies.page.tl
Well the first on is very funny...a spelling mistake can change the whole meaning... :)
Swetha, you highlighted this aspect of the language very well!! It indeed is very funny when someone goofs up!!

:laugh: :woohoo: :woohoo:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

hehe.. Swetha,
You edited the post with a reason of spelling mistake.
this is really funny this for a GRAMMAR MOM.

-Atul B

atulb@boddunan.com
Inside a class room a girl asked her class teacher "Sir May I go to toilet?"...The teacher replied "ok..LETS GO.."
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.