I dedicate this first post to all members of Boddunan.com and hearty thanks to those who set up this forum :)

English-The common errors

1.First of all we need to know that 'English' itself is a language.When we ask someone 'What languages you know',we reply 'I speak English language'.This statement of reply is wrong,we must say 'I speak English' or rather any other language,for example,'I speak Hindi' or 'I am fluent in Marathi'.The degree of knowledge of a language depends on the skills-Spoken and Writtern skiils.Not everyone who knows the language know both the skills.

2.The Alphabet that contains the letters 'A-Z' in English,in itself a plural form,that is there is no 'Alphabets' in English,it is collectively called as 'Alphabet' only.People make mistake by saying 'There are 26 Alphabets in English Language',instead we must say,'There are 26 Alphabet in English'

3.Another common mistake people make is the word'grammer'.The actual right spelling is 'Grammar' and not 'Grammer'

4.Spoken English and writtern English differ.Generally Indian Languages are such that both the Spoken and the Writtern words are the same,but in English it differs.When speaking in English,we speak on one-to-one basis(with someone) and while writing in English we write on one-to-many basics;that is while writing it is for everyone to see and know.

5.In India,English is spoken with the influence of the various languages present.For example,Hindi speakers generally say 'This dish is very tasty,nai?'or'She looks good,na?'.Instead of using the word 'na' or 'nai',we can use the word "isn't it" or "isn't she".For example,'This dish is very tasty,isn't it?' or 'she is looking good,isn't she'

Swetha Shenoy
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Well started swetha I told you.
This forum section will help all members and ultimately the article quality. I will also post some helping content but due to short of time do it later.

-Atul Barapatre B)

atulb@boddunan.com
:) Thats great

I know I am not alone now :P

Swetha Shenoy
Swetha post seperate threads regarding idioms, vocabulary and other english skills help and then post all information related to it for a begniner from core basics. And all members ask their doubts or learn and correct the mistakes.

This forum section is going to rock..
Best of luck.

-Atul Barapatre.

atulb@boddunan.com
what should Ipost here , I mean how can I learn from this thread?
Is this thread to ask any question or Shewta has started on line english training classes here?
I am very poor in english, So I want to learn how to write better.
This forum will work as a self learning portal where you can ask your questions and doubts regarding English language and also provide the opportunity to learn from the questions/answers of all other members.

All community members have the opportunity to showcase their English learning skills by answering the questions posed by the members.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

ya... this forum is very useful.. You will be frequently finding me here soon as i'm week :woohoo: in my language oh.. sorry weak in my language... This would have indicated how weak i'm... will be seeing me soon..
Welcome to Boddunan community.
Just keep writing articles ,get more of your friends and actively participate in forums.

Yes surely you can improve your English and also help others.

-Atul Barapatre.

atulb@boddunan.com
A very good ommentary on usage of english and highlighting some common mistakes. I wish to add that language and alphabet are different. English is written in roman alphabet. It is also possoble to write english in Devnagri script. similarly, Hindi can be written in Roman script. Most of the languages like Khasi, Nagamese in North East are written in Roman. devnagri is used for Hindi, Marathi etc. My suggestion is that Roman script be used for all languages in India for sake of uniformity.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.