Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I use LOL mostly. But, I do not use AKA , howdy and such  short forms.

There is nothing wrong in howdy,  since it is part of the colloquial English and has been in use for decades ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Ones inability to change cannot be reason for others not to change. 

vijay wrote:

Ones inability to change cannot be reason for others not to change. 

Inability? Or the strength to resist the temptation of uprooting a universal language , just to "Make things easy and save time".

No thanks.

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

No doubt change is a part and parcel of life , however, it depends on what the outcome would be ? I would rather hold on to certain things rather than change simply because Tom, dick and Harry are doing so...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

No doubt change is a part and parcel of life , however, it depends on what the outcome would be ? I would rather hold on to certain things rather than change simply because Tom, dick and Harry are doing so...

True..change is an inevitable part of life and we should also adapt and change in accordance with times. However, that does not mean that we should allow or participate in poisoning of any any language, be it English, or Hindi or our own respective mother tongues. Along with just a matter of convenience, there is also something called as class and elegance which are related to purity and aesthetics of a language. If not everyone, at least there should be some to uphold these aesthetics. Otherwise, the beauty of any language is lost.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Though using abbreviations and slang words save time and spaces for communication, it had made people forget the spellings if many simple words. Since the proper words are hardly used by these people, when they have to write something formally, they end up writing terribly.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
jabeen wrote:

Though using abbreviations and slang words save time and spaces for communication, it had made people forget the spellings if many simple words. Since the proper words are hardly used by these people, when they have to write something formally, they end up writing terribly.

A shortcut is sometimes the quickest route to trouble.

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

I feel. it is the communication that matter. Spelling mistakes may be thee. We have a couple of members here in this site despite selling mistakes, members are able to understand. Even our reputed members ocaasionally spelling mistakes. I think these small mistakes need not be taken seriously

rambabu wrote:

I feel. it is the communication that matter. Spelling mistakes may be thee. We have a couple of members here in this site despite selling mistakes, members are able to understand. Even our reputed members ocaasionally spelling mistakes. I think these small mistakes need not be taken seriously

Of Course. This post of yours is one such example.

Oscar Wilde

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.