Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

I feel. it is the communication that matter. Spelling mistakes may be thee. We have a couple of members here in this site despite selling mistakes, members are able to understand. Even our reputed members ocaasionally spelling mistakes. I think these small mistakes need not be taken seriously

To err is human, no doubt about that. All of us make spelling mistakes sometimes. It becomes a problem when it occurs frequently. Those who have the habit of communicating in SMS languages face the problem of writing simple English words. For instance I have a friend who get confused with which one is the right spelling- fuel or feul? Receive or recieve? And so on. And I ve notice such type of problem in many youngsters. And I feel that it is a cause for concern.

jabeen wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I feel. it is the communication that matter. Spelling mistakes may be thee. We have a couple of members here in this site despite selling mistakes, members are able to understand. Even our reputed members ocaasionally spelling mistakes. I think these small mistakes need not be taken seriously

To err is human, no doubt about that. All of us make spelling mistakes sometimes. It becomes a problem when it occurs frequently. Those who have the habit of communicating in SMS languages face the problem of writing simple English words. For instance I have a friend who get confused with which one is the right spelling- fuel or feul? Receive or recieve? And so on. And I ve notice such type of problem in many youngsters. And I feel that it is a cause for concern.

Spelling, grammar and structure are the three basic requirements for any language more so for the English language. I know of many people who seem to have an excellent command over the language but are unable to spell even the simplest of words right ! It may not matter to some​ but why not polish your skills like anywhere else in life ??!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

One need not worry with spell checkers around. 

You have driven home your point by comparing with Newton's Third of motion, " for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction"

Thank you

rambabu wrote:

You have driven home your point by comparing with Newton's Third of motion, " for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction"

Thank you

Who has driven home their point and what relevance is it now to what is being discussed?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Thank you

Who has driven home their point and what relevance is it now to what is being discussed?

He is referring to my post on the earlier page, but as always, his timing and place is again all wrong!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

vijay wrote:

Unfortunately papers are not provided with spell checkers & we are still dependent on paper and pen for formal communications. That's why I feel that one should not ignore the problem of poor spelling.

jabeen wrote:
vijay wrote:

Unfortunately papers are not provided with spell checkers & we are still dependent on paper and pen for formal communications. That's why I feel that one should not ignore the problem of poor spelling.

I agree totally Jabeen. Also, the big problem in the youngsters that I see today is that, because of their dependence on ready online dictionary and spellcheckers, they fail to grasp in depth knowledge of grammar and its usage and end up using wrong words in wrong or irrelevant places. Using spellcheckers if fine to quickly scan and check a document for errors, but it does not do much to help a person write a paper or document efficiently enough.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: jabeen

What about children and beginners ? How do they get to learn the language ? Through abbreviations? 

Unless people have a basic knowledge of the grammar, structure and spelling how do they go about interacting? It is a pity that even the ones that are proficient in the language resort to short cuts  .

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

When I was a High School student The Grimmar Book Wren and Martin was a part of our syllabus.

Weekly once we are required to write a Composition on some topic. In case we fail to submit, we are not allowed to sit  for final examination.

This make every student proficient in grammar and spellings

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.