What is the difference between TAX consultant and tax advocate?

actually i m receiving money to my paypal account because my pakistaani friend is selling items on ebay and to my paypal because paypal in not in pakistaan i will deduct 100$ and send it back to pakistaan through standard chartered bank(present in almost everybank).

only expert answer is needed

1. Is this legal to do?
2.will i be in any trouble?

www.Balloob.com
I am a Coder and Blogger.
Currently pursuing my engineering degree and will be a software engineer in 2013..
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
An expert moderator Mr. gulshanji is here who is also a exemployee of tax department. You may ask him .

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
PLEASE DONOT SPAM ANSWER
I HAVE CONTACTED BUT HE IS REFUSING TO ANSWER ME

www.Balloob.com
Currently pursuing my engineering degree and will be a software engineer in 2013..
An expert moderator Mr. gulshanji is here who is also a exemployee of tax department. You may ask him .

Actually, I received a phone call on fixed phone at home from Pankaj some time back. I could hear only his name pankaj, Ebay and Pakistan. I also could not know his problem. Also I could not know that he is a Boddunan member.

Now I understand that pankaj would have contacted me. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I do not deal with income tax. I only do legal work for central excise, customs & service tax appeals.

I think Chinmoy may give better answer. Also please go through articles section and find names of authors on income tax. You may write to one of them clearly stating that you are Boddunan member. I shall also check the author list and add here for help.

Please contact jayan and Chinmoy Mukerje. Sending PM is best.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

anyone who advises on taxation matters is tax consultant. A tax consultant may be an advocate, chartered accountant, cost accountant, M.Com etc. or ex employee of a taxation or revenue department of government.

I understand that you are not selling anything and hence not making income. You deduct 100$ that may just cover your expense. so you have no income from this. so no income tax liability arises.

Please see the conditions on Ebay. Possibly, Ebay will not allow you to receive money for some one else. Secondly, money laundering law and other RBI instructions may not allow this.

I shall request Chinmoy and Jayan also to give their views.

no expert in this overall forum and bodunnan.com
even people who openly says i m a tax consultant.

haha:))

www.Balloob.com

I have told that I am consultant in Central Excise & customs. I do not deal in income tax, sales tax etc. I had also advised about some other members who have written articles on Income tax. You could have contacted one of them.

I have told that I am consultant in Central Excise & customs. I do not deal in income tax, sales tax etc. I had also advised about some other members who have written articles on Income tax. You could have contacted one of them.
i have sent a message but there is no reply

www.Balloob.com
All foreign remittances come under the purview of Foreign Exchange Management Act.So it is absolutely necessary to look at the nature of activity permissible under the act.I think you are better advised to seek the guidance of the forex department of the bank you have chosen to effect this remittance.As you are dealing with a national of Pakistan you have to be doubly vigilant!
Now I hope that the member has got an expert reply as required from chinmoy Mukherjee one of our eminent professional members.

Thanks Gulshan! I need to put the facts straight here. I received a mail from him and answered his query but I'm not sure if that reached him. Now coming to the very nature of the transaction he has talked about.It involves less application of Income Tax provisions than the act I have mentioned. On the face of it, it looks an irregular transaction. What I could make out is that he has been receiving payments from sale effected on behalf of a foreign national without any formal legal authority and any legal instrument describing his services and permission from relevant authority and remitting money on an arbitrary basis to the same foreign national - the entire process is likely to bring scrutiny under various acts. As far as Income Tax Act is concerned it doesn't differentiate between legitimate and illegitimate income and one has to pay tax on income. In this respect it's also a problem to term the source of this income.Is he earning by rendering any service recognized under FEMA? That's the central question.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.