Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The reason why group activities are not popular is because the forum is bombarded with so many questions and answrs....the activities are overshadowed by them

so when someone clicks on forums, they find only these questions and answers!

Swetha Shenoy
I think the reason why the forums are bombarded with so many questions and answrs is that we get 5 points for it...no profit no participation!
I too feel that more points is the magic mantra for more participation in forums.
Please discuss about group activities system. How can I join and what will be done?

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Maverick gaaru

I request you to create a separate tab besides forum called as "Activities" tab where all competitions can be added

This way forums can be exclusively for discussions only and activities exclusively can be for games and participation

I also request to make activities as a default setting so that even by mistake anyone else will think it is a forum their post will not be entered into the activities section

Only people like Aastha, Abid, etc will be able to post the initial activities thread. followed by answers from one by one participant

Swetha Shenoy
I agree with swetha. A special tab must be added for contest and updates too. Or else it is difficult to find out contest which are active. Also the time period of conducting contest should be frequent and one maximum of 4 days should be given to end the contest. Participants may lose interest if it is prolonged too much.
The people are showing less interest this is not a good for the site.Administrators must do some thing to improve the participattion.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

[quote]The people are showing less interest this is not a good for the site.Administrators must do some thing to improve the participattion. [/quote]

It is because people are mainly interested in creating threads in large numbers that are mostly meaningless or simple news items rather than participate in proper fruitful discussion. That is something admin cannot do anything about!
For proof see the kind of threads that are being posted on front page nowadays!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: ajay
[quote]The people are showing less interest this is not a good for the site.Administrators must do some thing to improve the participattion.

It is because people are mainly interested in creating threads in large numbers that are mostly meaningless or simple news items rather than participate in proper fruitful discussion. That is something admin cannot do anything about!
For proof see the kind of threads that are being posted on front page nowadays![/quote]

+1. Can we remove the forum points for posting new threads and replies. As far as my understanding goes, forum is a place to share knowledge and seek solution to problems a user may have. Not to flood the forums.

May be we can remove the forum points and instead start new competitions. Just a thought.
[quote]The people are showing less interest this is not a good for the site.Administrators must do some thing to improve the participattion.

For proof see the kind of threads that are being posted on front page nowadays!

+1. Can we remove the forum points for posting new threads and replies. As far as my understanding goes, forum is a place to share knowledge and seek solution to problems a user may have. Not to flood the forums.

The suggestion is worth consideration. There can be more group discussions, story competitions, caption writing contests. Also, the DFAA can be further widened to reward five persons daily instead of one and raise the reward to Rs. 50/- . If the suggestion is accepted, the monthly revenue distribution policy will be affected.

May be we can remove the forum points and instead start new competitions. Just a thought.[/quote]

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.