Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Festival are going on so that why it has a less participation.
[quote]Festival are going on so that why it has a less participation. [/quote]

What festival is on now?? Dassera and Diwali are still days away! Just see the kind of posts, someone posting a single liner saying Manisha Koirala is facing problems in her marriage! :angry: Is she paying us all to talk about her personal life? I really hate it when I see such threads being posted and replies being posted on those! :angry:

[quote]+1. Can we remove the forum points for posting new threads and replies. As far as my understanding goes, forum is a place to share knowledge and seek solution to problems a user may have. Not to flood the forums.

May be we can remove the forum points and instead start new competitions. Just a thought. [/quote]

Removing forum points will not serve any fruitful purpose, Arun! It will only keep people away from participating. With regards to contests, we cannot have any going on 24 x 7 and then there is still no guarantee that they will attract traffic! But these are just my opinions, probably these could work!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

My understanding is that only spammers will be dishearten and shy away from participation.

And what about driving traffic dear? Once on a forum post of mine, Maverick replied that forum contribution to Boddunan income is very very low. Insignificant. Articles are what bring the money.

So I think we should concentrate on things that brings us money, right?

Also, I am not saying that we have a 24x7 contest, infact I am more in favour of a monthly contest with more lucrative prizes.

And Kalyani, I am more concerned about the impression the forums give to non-members and visitors. Do you think any non member or visitor would be willing to join this site by looking at the first page of forums. See the topics posted there. You already gave some examples. In the long term branding is what will matter.
I know doing away with forum points would not be easy as many genuine members would be discouraged too. But thats the choice everyone and Maverick has to make.

Also, the focus of the site should be more towards the article writing part. So good cash credit for articles and some contests related to that would be good.

And Kalyani, if you looking for traffic and promotion, that is easy. A few guest posts on other site and some social media marketing will generate a lot of buzz. I have done that for many of my clients.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.