Humiliation that Aussie cricket team has heaped upon us gives rise to this question in our mind. We have have been richly fed on stories in th press about our supremacy in a game which is played by not more than a dozen nations which has reduced other sports to the status of 'pariah'! Share your views!
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
i think the question must be?"

"are our cricketers being lionised by the press?"

Swetha Shenoy
Swetha can you please explain me what is meant by loinising about cricket. This is the first time am hearing it.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Sarala,

lionised is nothing but putting too much attention to something or someone.

Chinmoy ji is saying that our cricketrs are being put into too much attention by the media (saying this person is great that person is great)

so when we dont do well in cricket like the australian game, is it justifiable by the media?

Swetha Shenoy
Cricket is the unpredictable game,so if a cricketer or team does good they will be appreciate of their performance but if they won't do well they will be critised.

Want to make each day Accountable

Sarala, lionising someone means to make them great heroes than they actually deserve.

It is true that the media is playing a major role in doing so, especially since we have won the recent World Cup! In spite of such adulation and crores of money being heaped upon them in rewards, they have failed miserably and the entire Australian episode is shameful and humiliating! I think it is high time to divert from cricket and pay more attention to other more interesting games.

The recent news bit was even more shameful that girls' hockey team was awaiting transport somewhere with the trophy they had won! And to think that these cricketers get 5-star treatment in spite of so many losses! Shameful indeed!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It not the mistake of media. We people have made this sport so famous that other sports doen't dares to come in our heart.

[quote]It not the mistake of media. We people have made this sport so famous that other sports doen't dares to come in our heart. [/quote]

Let's not forget it starts from the media. It is said that tell a lie a million times and it becomes a truth. Same is the case with media, show a person a hundred times on the channel and he becomes a hero, same applies to the game.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@Swetha

At the moment they are not being lionised! Rather the same press has gone into overdrive in projecting them as villains!!!
[quote]It not the mistake of media. We people have made this sport so famous that other sports doen't dares to come in our heart.

Let's not forget it starts from the media. It is said that tell a lie a million times and it becomes a truth. Same is the case with media, show a person a hundred times on the channel and he becomes a hero, same applies to the game.[/quote]

yes, it is true,. media makes simple person to hero and if the same media thinks then, a hero will become zero. anything media can do.

Vinu
Media shows those material which we like the most,so ultimately its the people who have forced the media to show those content.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.