Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
[quote]No I am talking about some invisible and magical ways!! [/quote]

Chnimoy, if you ever find the answer, do let me know as I have pondered many times to find answer to this one! :laugh:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]Yes. I think so.
One more suggestion. Give me your opinion.
When we hit our own published articles, the counter should not be incremented.
Many articles, I have seen more than 500 hits. But, when I open it to see why it is worthy, I find nothing....in some cases. Sometimes it may be because the author himself hits his article several times, to increase its hits.
I think it should not be allowed once article is published.
What do you say?
Also, an author will be more happy if his article is viewed by other people more times. [/quote]

When we hit our own articles, the number of hits do increase but you do not get points for your article. Also increasing number of hits does not really make any difference whatsoever in overall points scored!

Also, if a person wants to visit his article often, there should not be any problem, one may do so to check whether there are any new comments posted by other users.

If you want a quick and easy point then do forum section and read as much article as you can.
I feel they should set a time , if the article is read for more than specific time given then they should give them point

It is a nice idea. I think so.

Meera sandhu
Yes kalyaniji,
I found it when I hit my articles to know whether anyone commented for my articles.
It's only a suggestion.

Meera sandhu
Yes Sandhya, I know it should happen the way you suggest since otherwise the projected number of hits are not accurate. But I did suggest something similar to Maverick about using IP addresses of each user, the moment one IP hits once, it is recorded and next time same IP hits again, it is blocked, something on those lines for blocking points for returning to same articles. But its a technical issue which would cost money and resources which, at this point, boddunan cannot afford.

Usually, when a visitor enters our site, he will be more interested in opening those web pages which has more number of hits. Suppose, the webpage that he selects is not up to his expectation, what will he think? All the articles are so. It will make a bad impression about our site.
So, to attract more users to our site, the data we provide them must be relevant.

In future, if such implementations can be made, it will really going to benefit us. :)

Meera sandhu
I don't know much about technical side. I am saying in my logic. I don't know whether it can be implemented. :dry:

Each member has a unique key.
For each article, there should have a key table(database) to store the member key when user hits it.
There is a flag, that is incremented when a user hits the corresponding webpage.

If the code to increment the number of hits is put under a 'if clause' to check whether member key is found in the key table, the flag should not be incremented.
ie. the flag should be incremented only if the new key does not match with any key in the key table.
Is it possible???? :whistle:

Meera sandhu
*Sigh :( *

I am the odd one here not able to understand anything discussed here...

:(

Swetha Shenoy
Sandhya, like I said whichever way you try to do it, its purely technical!

Also what would attract another outsider to read articles is purely based on the number of keywords and their relevance in the article more than number of hits!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.