Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
They have labor courts which are almost always decide in favor of employees, moreover there are lawyers who represent employees on share basis i.e.-payment when they win the case.

Yes there are labor courts but they need bribe which every one can't afford it as employer can afford it so in most of the cases they win. :evil:

Advocates in labor courts are perfect handling such cases on 50% basis. They even charge their fee once the client wins.

It is true very few aggrieved employees ,especially those belonging to the unorganized sector have limited avenues to get their grievances redressed. Labor-related cases are mostly filed by labor unions. The scenario on this score has deteriorated further with the government taking very little interest in liberalized economy. The very suggestion that advocates advancing their rentier interest shamelessly by pocketing 50% tells its own story!!

Well, that is true, but what I want to ask is, the companies or places where the workers are part of such labour unions will definitely have SOME protections, the union will take up cudgels on behalf of a wronged employee. But what about those countless small industries, shops, hotels etc. where there is no such protection?? The wages people get is so less that they can hardly approach any one for help! :(

There may be protection by labor union only in big establishments. In very small unorganized sector, there is obviously no protection. An employees stays in job at sweet will of employer. However, there are meritorious employees who win trust of employer and they are safer even without union. Excellence pays everywhere.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

They have labor courts which are almost always decide in favor of employees, moreover there are lawyers who represent employees on share basis i.e.-payment when they win the case.

Yes there are labor courts but they need bribe which every one can't afford it as employer can afford it so in most of the cases they win. :evil:

Advocates in labor courts are perfect handling such cases on 50% basis. They even charge their fee once the client wins.

It is true very few aggrieved employees ,especially those belonging to the unorganized sector have limited avenues to get their grievances redressed. Labor-related cases are mostly filed by labor unions. The scenario on this score has deteriorated further with the government taking very little interest in liberalized economy. The very suggestion that advocates advancing their rentier interest shamelessly by pocketing 50% tells its own story!!

Well, that is true, but what I want to ask is, the companies or places where the workers are part of such labour unions will definitely have SOME protections, the union will take up cudgels on behalf of a wronged employee. But what about those countless small industries, shops, hotels etc. where there is no such protection?? The wages people get is so less that they can hardly approach any one for help! :(

There may be protection by labor union only in big establishments. In very small unorganized sector, there is obviously no protection. An employees stays in job at sweet will of employer. However, there are meritorious employees who win trust of employer and they are safer even without union. Excellence pays everywhere.

True Gulshan, but what about the incidents where the employer still fires some of his employees using false accusations for his own selfish gains and profits. We do hear of such cases!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

True Gulshan, but what about the incidents where the employer still fires some of his employees using false accusations for his own selfish gains and profits. We do hear of such cases!

In unorganized sector, employees have fewer remedies. Remedies if any are costly. Most employees cannot afford to quarrel with employer and so either compromise or choose another. Needless to say ultimately, employer is stronger.

In unorganized sector, employees have fewer remedies. Remedies if any are costly. Most employees cannot afford to quarrel with employer and so either compromise or choose another. Needless to say ultimately, employer is stronger.

Unfortunately for many, its very true!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes, maybe this is the reason why some inefficient employee's are surviving successfully in public sectors for long time without fear of being fired..compared to private sectors..where always employee fear of being fired inspite of excellency and efficiency...

Yes, maybe this is the reason why some inefficient employee's are surviving successfully in public sectors for long time without fear of being fired..compared to private sectors..where always employee fear of being fired inspite of excellency and efficiency...

No employee is totally useless. Efficiency could be less or more. The employers in public or private sector will seldom sack an employee. They would accommodate him keeping his actual and potential efficiency in view. More important is employee's attitude towards establishment and work. A sincere and courteous employee is never discarded. On the other hand, a quarrelsome, fault finding and insincere/ arrogant employee is not favored by any even though he may be most efficient and qualified.

Of course one can question the employer for not keeping his commitments like that. BUT, before that, one must first ascertain whether he or she has fulfilled all of his/own requirements that are pertaining to the job and whether that job has been done properly.

Yes I agree with that...If you don,t have the right to question a wrongdoing then such an employer will not survive for long either !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It happen in most of the companies now-a-days, that employer do what ever they like and even don't pay sometimes saying "didn't liked your work" :angry:
While hiring they should analyse employee's capability..they do it too. Then why they betray us and in such case what should a employee do?

Before going for a show off try if you can have a dialogue with the employer. A dialogue will certainly help and who knows you may get in to a good solution too
Of course one can question the employer for not keeping his commitments like that. BUT, before that, one must first ascertain whether he or she has fulfilled all of his/own requirements that are pertaining to the job and whether that job has been done properly.

Yes I agree with that...If you don,t have the right to question a wrongdoing then such an employer will not survive for long either !

Employee or employer both have certain obligations to keep, if any of them does not find acts of other's is free to part ways. However, the right understanding and sense of responsibility should prevail before taking an action in haste.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

It happened to me also. My ex-employer didn't pay my 3 months salary. :angry: After asking for salary, he started shouting at me. :angry: Then I just simply slapped him and took his laptop and went away. :laugh:
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.