While going through some posts in the category 'Daily dose' , I found an icon 'Sticky'. This is along with other icons- delete, edit, lock.

I understand other icons. But what is the purpose of this icon 'sticky'. I hope other moderators or administrator may clarify.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
While going through some posts in the category 'Daily dose' , I found an icon 'Sticky'. This is along with other icons- delete, edit, lock.

I understand other icons. But what is the purpose of this icon 'sticky'. I hope other moderators or administrator may clarify.

Yes there is a icon but what is need it cannot understand by me to....I too want to know that thing.
You are a oldest member if you does not.how other know lets send a PM to admin..........

Yes there is a icon but what is need it cannot understand by me to....I too want to know that thing.
You are a oldest member if you does not.how other know lets send a PM to admin..........

I think this icon is for use by moderators. So, only a moderator or administrator can reply better. I being a moderator need to know this.

Gulshan, the sticky option is to make your thread more prominent so it is noticed by all. When you click the sticky option, the thread you have created becomes yellow in color and is more noticeable among all the other threads on the forum.

Yes I think this option is only for moderators.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Bol Bachchan, Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
I have seen this on other forum sites too. :blink:

"Sticky" threads are normally started by admin/moderators.Also i have seen if we respond to these threads there are first verified by them then they appear on thread. :blink:
Gulshan, the sticky option is to make your thread more prominent so it is noticed by all. When you click the sticky option, the thread you have created becomes yellow in color and is more noticeable among all the other threads on the forum.

Yes I think this option is only for moderators.

This option is for moderators only as I find this only in 'Daily dose' assigned to me. Thank you for this information. Now I can use this for highlighting a thread considered more relevant or useful.

I think while an announcement is started by admin, he uses this option

Meera sandhu
I think while an announcement is started by admin, he uses this option

I have not seen a moderator using it but i always see the thread for revenue shares always is a sticky one. :blink:
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.