Am still using my hard disk of 40 GB. A few days back I noted that my C drive is almost full. I never fill it above half or 3/4th. So I checked the installed s/w programs. I found a new s/w with 1 GB memory space. So, I could easily find out why my C drive was showing 'Memory full, delete a few files'. i uninstalled the program (Now I forgot its name :silly: :silly: :dry: ). But the operation failed and gave an error message. But when I checked in the installed program list that s/w was not there :whistle: ? If so, where has it gone? My C drive is almost full, just a few MB space left. I need to find that hidden thief from my folders. :P Is it possible? Otherwise formatting is the only solution to remove it.

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
someone help me please..
I know, many IT people are among our group.

Meera sandhu
Better re format it. One more thing don't work in any siber cafe , there are some s/w by which they can harm your pc.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Well you said you forgot the name.. So it will be hard.

If you can find out the software by reading its name, then go to C drive>Program Files. Most of all installed applications should be there unless you have installed it on other directory during installation. Just read all the folder name, if you can recognize the software name you can delete whole folder, it will remove that application...

You can also uninstall unwanted apps . And also try to move them on other drive (Not on C drive) .. like uninstall the software and install them again by choosing another drive. This will free up your system drive C which should be little free.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
How much space you alloted for C drive?
What error message was displayed?

atulb@boddunan.com
How much space you alloted for C drive?
What error message was displayed?

It's partitioned into 4 drives. Total memory after partition 34GB.
C got 11.8 GB. But when I added all its folders it's below 6GB.
But only 1GB free space is available now. If we see a full length movie, it shows "C drive out of memory space. Delete a few files".
So, where is that 5GB space hidden. That's exactly the same size of the s/w that I tried to uninstall from the system :whistle: :whistle:

Meera sandhu
Well you said you forgot the name.. So it will be hard.

If you can find out the software by reading its name, then go to C drive>Program Files. Most of all installed applications should be there unless you have installed it on other directory during installation. Just read all the folder name, if you can recognize the software name you can delete whole folder, it will remove that application...

You can also uninstall unwanted apps . And also try to move them on other drive (Not on C drive) .. like uninstall the software and install them again by choosing another drive. This will free up your system drive C which should be little free.

Anand, it's just 3 or 4 months that I have cleaned my system and installed all s/w again. Now downloaded video files are muted. I don't know the reason. we are using creative. So, we watch movies online.

Meera sandhu
I guess you need to give more space to drive C.. And as you said above that you allocated 11.8 Gb to c drive. and you mentioned about adding some folder.. which folder? Your data?

I guess you need to give more space to drive C.. And as you said above that you allocated 11.8 Gb to c drive. and you mentioned about adding some folder.. which folder? Your data?

My C drive contains only minimum s/w to run the system.
Real problem is though the sum up of all files shows 6 GB, my C drive is almost full. Where is that 5GB space hidden? why is it not displayed?
Is there any way to find that thief?

I remember, it's a s/w downloaded along with another one. Though i forgot its name i can easily identify it if I see its name. That's why am telling it's not in the list anywhere

Meera sandhu
Have you checked it in C>Program Files ... folder. ?!

Let me tell other thing , are you checking c drive memory from My Computer? Is it showing that whole 11 gb is full?

Have you checked it in C>Program Files ... folder. ?!

Let me tell other thing , are you checking c drive memory from My Computer? Is it showing that whole 11 gb is full?

i have checked program files.... :( :( :(

yes, i checked memory space from my computer...it's showing 1 gb free space now. but if i run an online movie that space will be lost

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.