I hope somebody here can help me find a solution.

We are been frequently getting calls from a shopping site called bagittoday which is related to
Indian Today. The caller says that you have placed a order with so on so amount and we what to confirm the order. But in real we didn't placed any order :huh: if we say that we haven't placed any order the reply is- " Sir, it is in our records but if you want we will refund the order amount back but we need verification about your card details.." For that they ask our card no. and then say the it will take 60 days to get ur refund back but presently in your bank the amount will be credited.. :dry:
Like that they are placing a order and not refund the amount but sending a product worth the amount. Is this a type of marketing strategy? I feel that they are cheating us by using our card on behalf of us.

The only mistake we done previously is we shared our card details to purchase a important product after that they are doing the same and making transactions. This happened 2 times or more.. recently order of 24k was done and another surprise is the bank is also not responding. They call us after the amt was debited from our account and ask us whether to confirm the transaction but if we say to ignore it they say it is not possible. :(
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
You can take help from consumer forum and as well as police. This may be dangerous.
You can also surrender the card and apply for a new one after giving information to bank.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Thank you said by: Rajani K
You can certainly do a lot if you want to- just report the company in consumer court first thing, then instruct your bank that you do not want any transaction with this particular company and third report the number with your servise provider as unwanted call and have them blocked, lastly you can contact TRAI to take a serious action against this particular company if the service provider does not block this company's calls.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I know it is frustrating, but the first thing I would have done is reporting to consumer forum. Secondly, contact the service provider and ask them to block this call. If you can do one more thing - withdraw all the amount from your card and either wait till it expires or block the card itself. That won't allow any transaction at all. But yes, don't forget to report to the police too.
You can certainly do a lot if you want to- just report the company in consumer court first thing, then instruct your bank that you do not want any transaction with this particular company and third report the number with your servise provider as unwanted call and have them blocked, lastly you can contact TRAI to take a serious action against this particular company if the service provider does not block this company's calls.

Thanks for the suggestion @Sunil but the problem is how can we get the money back.. they are saying that inorder to get the refund back we should not place any complaint...

Thanks for the suggestion @Sunil but the problem is how can we get the money back.. they are saying that inorder to get the refund back we should not place any complaint...

That shows they are fraud. They can't blackmail you like that. You have to come forward, take the police in confidence (just to prove that you are innocent and being made a scapegoat) and go ahead with the complaint. But make sure you are doing all things safely. Good luck!

You can claim even damages on charges of cheating also. As soon as you would file a case in consumer court they will immidiately make a compromise and pay you compensation along with your paid amount. You should teach them to behave.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Abhijit Dnyaneshwar Bangal, Rajani K
The question is have you actually paid them the amount? I could not understand this very clearly from your post. If you have paid the amount via credit card, then you can contact the credit card company the first thing and lodge a complaint and they will get the amount back to you although it might take a few days, but this option works. The second thing is to block the site by applying Do Not Disturb, and usually threatening such callers by telling them that you will go to consumer forums usually works and 9 out of 10 times, they get off your back without much ado.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

The question is have you actually paid them the amount? I could not understand this very clearly from your post. If you have paid the amount via credit card, then you can contact the credit card company the first thing and lodge a complaint and they will get the amount back to you although it might take a few days, but this option works. The second thing is to block the site by applying Do Not Disturb, and usually threatening such callers by telling them that you will go to consumer forums usually works and 9 out of 10 times, they get off your back without much ado.

Actually it is telephonic purchase that is they will take our card details including pin etc.. It is somehow not like online purchases which have secured gateway to do the transactions.. The orders are not done through their site. So we don't have any proof that order is place by us to ask the bank to cancel the order or refund the amount back. Everything is done by some unknown people from that site and no as said they are blackmailing us that refund may not come if you place a complaint or don't give our card details and DOB details.. :angry:

Actually it is telephonic purchase that is they will take our card details including pin etc.. It is somehow not like online purchases which have secured gateway to do the transactions.. The orders are not done through their site. So we don't have any proof that order is place by us to ask the bank to cancel the order or refund the amount back. Everything is done by some unknown people from that site and no as said they are blackmailing us that refund may not come if you place a complaint or don't give our card details and DOB details.. :angry:

Oh my God!! But you should have known better not to give your card details and the pin number over phone number!!! Have you tried logging on to their site and check the status of the order that they are claiming you placed? Maybe if you try that and see if you can get details of the order then possibly you can get some proof of it! But now at least you can approach your credit card company with a written complaint, this is very important, with the date such transactions were done, you would have those details at least, and mention that you are not satisfied with the seller and you wish to cancel the transactions. I had one such experience and I canceled the transaction immediately by placing complaint to the credit card company. But it has to be a formal written complaint, if you give that, then the credit card company has the power to reverse the transaction and reimburse the money in your card, minus probably some processing fees!

To add to m y above post, you do not have to deal with the bagittoday people directly but approach your credit card company and get the pin number changed on an URGENT basis!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.