Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Importance of content should rank very high along with grammatical sanctity. As far as simplicity is concerned, respective writers styles, depth of vocabulary, capacity to frame artistic imageries all count in equal measure. What is complex to a few may not be so to others. It is the context that determines how simple you can afford to be. For instance in commercial correspondence simplicity is a must which may not be so true in literature.
Importance of content should rank very high along with grammatical sanctity. As far as simplicity is concerned, respective writers styles, depth of vocabulary, capacity to frame artistic imageries all count in equal measure. What is complex to a few may not be so to others. It is the context that determines how simple you can afford to be. For instance in commercial correspondence simplicity is a must which may not be so true in literature.

every one develops a style of writing. What one writes or speaks in natural flow is simple. One need not attempt deliberate simplicity or complexity.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: suni51
While one is writing for Indian sites exclusively and that too on general subjects, language consisting words from Victorian English would attract lesser viewers or they will change the page as soon as they would read a few lines. Our site caters mainly for Indians, 98% of its viewers are from India and 2% come from other countries mostly from the US, those again like to read simple English.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

While one is writing for Indian sites exclusively and that too on general subjects, language consisting words from Victorian English would attract lesser viewers or they will change the page as soon as they would read a few lines. Our site caters mainly for Indians, 98% of its viewers are from India and 2% come from other countries mostly from the US, those again like to read simple English.

In present era, writing in Old English makes no sense unless there is some context of ancient times in England. If one just goes through content on internet, he will get aware of language trend in entire world. The best English is that with which you feel ease at.

Thank you said by: Ashii, suni51
Right Sir,i'm very happy when i joined in Boddunan because it is a nice website which pays well.So,i didn't wander.I'm asking because i had been rejected by some sites..
Right Sir,i'm very happy when i joined in Boddunan because it is a nice website which pays well.So,i didn't wander.I'm asking because i had been rejected by some sites..

It is not that you get rejected for your writing style but sometimes not following the TOS maybe reason for your submission's rejection. every site has its own terms to follow, like if you post your article copied from MS World, it would not be accepted or being too much promotional or having links to other sites may do the same. However your simple English would not cause rejection unless it has reading glitch or copy paste job from other sites.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

The fact of the matter remains that the very concept of simplicity is person specific and even Americans whom you claim to be lovers of simple English language express themselves in literature and films in not so simple language!!!

The fact of the matter remains that the very concept of simplicity is person specific and even Americans whom you claim to be lovers of simple English language express themselves in literature and films in not so simple language!!!

I agree but we have boddunan in question here and most of our articles are related with local themes. I again agree with you that while an author is writing about subjects related to literature etc he must use a befitting language.

I agree but we have boddunan in question here and most of our articles are related with local themes. I again agree with you that while an author is writing about subjects related to literature etc he must use a befitting language.

The issue of local themes reminds me of writing of Indian author Mulk Raj Anand whose style is unique, inimitable and bears stamp of Indian environment.

I agree with you ! What matters is the confidence with which you are able to express yourself and are able to put forth your thoughts in print ! I also feel that we need to constantly improvise and experiment otherwise we will be stuck in a grove using the same words ,phrases and sentences ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.