What would you do if your child misbehaves? will you use force to correct him/her or would you try to make your child understand politely? what if the latter strategy doesn't work?

Regards
Mala Jaiswar

Mala Jaiswar
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
What would you do if your child misbehaves? will you use force to correct him/her or would you try to make your child understand politely? what if the latter strategy doesn't work?

Regards
Mala Jaiswar

No no at all never use force on child. The only and only way to improve attitude of child is treat them politely?
Be firm but never try out any corporal punishment and if no results follow then it is advisable to consult an expert in this field.
The first course would be tell your child politely and firmly that what he is doing is not good and will not be encouraged, usually a child responds to polite and firm treatment. But if this does not work, then use some punishment which should not be physical, but it will tell your child that you mean business. for example, my son hates it when I do not speak to him, so when he does not listen to me, I tell him that I will not speak to him for an hour. Usually he tries to resist that, but after few minutes when he realizes that I really do not want to speak to him, then he gives in and corrects himself. Similarly you could try that! But if the behavior is more disruptive and destructive and the child is simply not willing to listen or respond to any means, then you need to consult an expert.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Generally children who misbehave are insecure and feel the need to draw attention to themselves. So it would be better to go into the root of the matter . Either that or it is bad company which makes a child behave in such a manner.Having a talk with the child does help to a certain extent, in that you get to know his or her temperament and why he or she is compelled to behave that way, it alwsys omes out in some for or the other.Then of course it depends on the parent to tackle the issue either through series of talks or carefu monitoring of the childs general behavior..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: vaishnavi
First we try to understand our child's behavior. Why her or his behavior is tough?
Never punish our child as physically. Beating is a big mistakes of parents.

Be positive
I think for me, it will be a combination of both - force and understanding. Neither one of the two can always work.
I think for me, it will be a combination of both - force and understanding. Neither one of the two can always work.

True! The rules are not at all hard and fast. What works best for one child may not work for another, so it is better to understand that and then act accordingly!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.