Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Reminds me of an inciudent that happened with one of my relatives - He had problem with his sight so he was using his sisters discarded glasses ( she had graduated to higher power) and he was diabetic and taking the same medicine as his sister.When he was asked why? he said because it was all one and the same. Later when his sickness became serious , it was too late and he died with blood sugar complications within a matter of an year ...

People do not realize the ill effects behind self medication. Each and every drug may suit one but the other. So one has to be careful in these issues so as to avoid these unnecessary deaths.

Self medication is dangerous in any health problem. But this practice is increasing every day. the reason behind it is medical aid is much costly. No one like to go to doctor in minor health problem like headach, viral etc.

Not that alone. Earlier people (Exception: doctors) do not know anything about medicines. But now common people too knows a lot about certain commonly prescribed medicines.

Reminds me of an inciudent that happened with one of my relatives - He had problem with his sight so he was using his sisters discarded glasses ( she had graduated to higher power) and he was diabetic and taking the same medicine as his sister.When he was asked why? he said because it was all one and the same. Later when his sickness became serious , it was too late and he died with blood sugar complications within a matter of an year ...

That is so unfortunate but an astonishing number of people are obstinate in matters of health and behave exactly in the manner you have described in the example! And now with easy access to a lot of information on internet is making people more confident in such self diagnoses!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Self medication is dangerous in any health problem. But this practice is increasing every day. the reason behind it is medical aid is much costly. No one like to go to doctor in minor health problem like headach, viral etc.

Not that alone. Earlier people (Exception: doctors) do not know anything about medicines. But now common people too knows a lot about certain commonly prescribed medicines.

That is so unfortunate but an astonishing number of people are obstinate in matters of health and behave exactly in the manner you have described in the example! And now with easy access to a lot of information on internet is making people more confident in such self diagnoses!

Very true, I have seen people giving castor oil and other stuff to small babies which according to pediatricians is a very dangerous practice since it can effect the entire digestive tract..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.