How far it is good to a female to stay with her parents after her marriage with her husband???
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Generally such arrangement is not good but we have to first understand her reasons for doing so, without understanding those reasons and motives we cannot just stay that it is not good!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

After marriage a female should go to in laws house, but when a male comes to stay in his in laws house, society will not accept this......
After marriage a female should go to in laws house, but when a male comes to stay in his in laws house, society will not accept this......

Under certain circumstances, I think a son -in law residing with his in laws is acceptable. I know of a lady who is the only child of her parents. The parents are old now. So both the lady and her husband are staying with them which is convenient for all. There might be many other circumstances where it becomes necessary for the woman to stay in her parental house.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Under certain circumstances, I think a son -in law residing with his in laws is acceptable. I know of a lady who is the only child of her parents. The parents are old now. So both the lady and her husband are staying with them which is convenient for all. There might be many other circumstances where it becomes necessary for the woman to stay in her parental house.

Son –in –law living in Father – in – law’s house is not an uncommon practice in the Indian society.

True..times have changed a lot now and a son-in-law is as much a son to his in-laws as he is to their parents, same as a woman becomes a daughter of the in-laws' house, so we must first understand the reasons and then judge accordingly!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

A man and his wife should stay together. This is what is expected from them. Usually, a man lives with his parents and the wife comes to her in law house. But in some cases, a man may reside in his wife's parents house. In certain circumstances, this may be appropriate. What matters is general well being of family- the man and his wife, parents of both- the husband as well as wife. Whatever suits to them in given circumstances is best.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

In this age of single child the difference between daughter and son has almost disappeared, parents are willing to adjust son-in-law with them if the need be and there are cases where daughter-in-laws are not finding it comfortable to stay with in-laws, so it all goes without any problem. Suppose a pair works in the same city where bride's parents live and have big enough accommodation, there is no harm if they can adjust the pair conveniently.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

In this age of single child the difference between daughter and son has almost disappeared, parents are willing to adjust son-in-law with them if the need be and there are cases where daughter-in-laws are not finding it comfortable to stay with in-laws, so it all goes without any problem. Suppose a pair works in the same city where bride's parents live and have big enough accommodation, there is no harm if they can adjust the pair conveniently.

Many of the old beliefs were formed according to the then society. Times changed. Beliefs like ‘a son –in –law living in a father-in- law’s house were considered as a ‘prestige’ issues once. They are no more relevant now. Now the stress is on leading a happy life . Many daughters and sons-in-law are feeling the great necessity of bringing their parents to their homes.

When you talk about society who do you mean? your family or friends , neighbors or community? Do they come for your help or assistance when you are down and out? Once you are firm and are sure of what you are doing noone will have the guts to openly say or do anything and what people say or do behind your back is really not worth bothering about...
As far as a girl staying with her parents after her marriage, it is left to the couple to decide and do what is best for them...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

When you talk about society who do you mean? your family or friends , neighbors or community? Do they come for your help or assistance when you are down and out? Once you are firm and are sure of what you are doing noone will have the guts to openly say or do anything and what people say or do behind your back is really not worth bothering about...
As far as a girl staying with her parents after her marriage, it is left to the couple to decide and do what is best for them...

What’s good and bad for someone is well known to the people involved. Here, its their point of view that counts. Not the bystanders view
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.