Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I too dabble in stock market at a laymans level. I buy stocks at lows and sell them at highs and buy them back when the prices come down and add on and so on...But day trading is something that I have given up now due to lack of time and even when I do so it is with whatever stocks that are there in my portfolio and a few oothers which are well known and have been steady for years...

After putting this strategy into practice, you claim yourself to be a dabbler!!! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

This is called bade log badi baatein. Great people don't keep boosting about their talents... :) :) :)

LOL of course not since what profit I manage to make is very small, so a very small investor !

@ Chinmoy ...Initially I lost a lot of money in stock market and almost gave up trading.But a relative who works for a bank once told me that the main reason for losing money is greed and gave me a few tips which have been very sensible and practical. He himself has never lost money so far but makes a steady income every month .In my own case I play it safe having burnt my fingers once and follow his tips...

Actually we all learn it the harder way that when a particular stock is going down, it keeps going down for certain forces driving it down and maybe it even stops trading. Therefore once the stock shows some upward movements after going down for few days is the right thing to do. i made some money that way. But I too have stopped my day activities for now. I am trying online forex in a limited way.

And what do you think of Forex trading, I feel that it is ten times worse than stock trading .Apparently some people makes hundreds of dollars each day using some software ...

That is right but my risk is maximum of $100, I never keep more than that to loose just driven on sentiments basis. The graph goes up and down like a patient's graph in ICU. :laugh:

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I too dabble in stock market at a laymans level. I buy stocks at lows and sell them at highs and buy them back when the prices come down and add on and so on...But day trading is something that I have given up now due to lack of time and even when I do so it is with whatever stocks that are there in my portfolio and a few oothers which are well known and have been steady for years...

After putting this strategy into practice, you claim yourself to be a dabbler!!! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

This is called bade log badi baatein. Great people don't keep boosting about their talents... :) :) :)

LOL of course not since what profit I manage to make is very small, so a very small investor !

@ Chinmoy ...Initially I lost a lot of money in stock market and almost gave up trading.But a relative who works for a bank once told me that the main reason for losing money is greed and gave me a few tips which have been very sensible and practical. He himself has never lost money so far but makes a steady income every month .In my own case I play it safe having burnt my fingers once and follow his tips...

Actually we all learn it the harder way that when a particular stock is going down, it keeps going down for certain forces driving it down and maybe it even stops trading. Therefore once the stock shows some upward movements after going down for few days is the right thing to do. i made some money that way. But I too have stopped my day activities for now. I am trying online forex in a limited way.

And what do you think of Forex trading, I feel that it is ten times worse than stock trading .Apparently some people makes hundreds of dollars each day using some software ...

That is right but my risk is maximum of $100, I never keep more than that to loose just driven on sentiments basis. The graph goes up and down like a patient's graph in ICU. :laugh:

How can you stick to any amount since the fluctuation never lets you close a deal sometimes...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

How can you stick to any amount since the fluctuation never lets you close a deal sometimes...

Try with iForex (search in Google) and see what I mean.

I am already a member with Iforex since two years now...Is this something new now ? am not aware of it....

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I understand that it is a profitable line of activity but its complex dynamics deter me from taking the plunge. It calls for very in-depth study of the movement of currencies, the influencing factors, like the state of economies, interest rates, inflation and so on. Besides, you need to have very expert knowledge in currency derivatives in hedging your positions.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
I understand that it is a profitable line of activity but its complex dynamics deter me from taking the plunge. It calls for very in-depth study of the movement of currencies, the influencing factors, like the state of economies, interest rates, inflation and so on. Besides, you need to have very expert knowledge in currency derivatives in hedging your positions.

Very true and more than anything you need lots of time to monitor the market closely ...Most of the time we put a stopp loss or take profit and leave it at thet and it may materialise or may not...I agree that one needs to have a day today knowledge of what is happening with the currency market ...

I am already a member with Iforex since two years now...Is this something new now ? am not aware of it....

There is nothing new, with little bit of knowledge, not letting caution slip out of my mind and being satisfied with "whatever is coming is my profit', making the punchline, it never or seldom fails. Yes I never change my stop loss limit if there is no special reason. That's how I do.

Yes, fear and greed are two the worst enemies of traders! Even blind application of 'stop-loss' can cause unjustifiable losses or deprivation of fair profits. It is also an art to be mastered over a period of time.
I see a few members starting a thread and then disappearing without giving any feedback or acknowledging the responses posted by other members...this is one such thread looks like ! To say the least it is unsocial to do that...

I see a few members starting a thread and then disappearing without giving any feedback or acknowledging the responses posted by other members...this is one such thread looks like ! To say the least it is unsocial to do that...

But then Usha, we Indians are not really well known for following proper social protocols! :blink: There are so many who do this!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.