The topic is locked.
I submitted an article on 7th of this month, on its status of approval this is been given,

"Rejected Please give source of image at end of article and ensure that this is not copyright protected."

and after it i deleted the insert photograph, and re-submit it. Is there anything more to be done to article. In the status it is written "this is not copyright protected". here "this" means about inserted photograph which I think deleted now from article or should it be deleted from upload server.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
You may just right the source of image at end of article as suggested. You may also delete the images from your article if you so choose. All that matters is that if any image is given in article, the source needs be given.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You may just right the source of image at end of article as suggested. You may also delete the images from your article if you so choose. All that matters is that if any image is given in article, the source needs be given.
Thanks all my doubts cleared.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
My article got rejected for the same reason (I've resubmitted it with the source). But the thing is that the images I used was on public domain and that means it needs no attribution and can be used even commercially for free. Therefore, even the website from which I took the image is not the actual copyright holder because the image is copyright free!

Most of the time I use copyright free images. And for some images where the owner agrees to use the image with attribution, I do attribute.

Thanks.
My article got rejected for the same reason (I've resubmitted it with the source). But the thing is that the images I used was on public domain and that means it needs no attribution and can be used even commercially for free. Therefore, even the website from which I took the image is not the actual copyright holder because the image is copyright free!

Most of the time I use copyright free images. And for some images where the owner agrees to use the image with attribution, I do attribute.

Thanks.

Its always safe to declare the image source at the end of the article.. I for one, though i use my own painted images, at the end of the article, I declare
Images by the author. Wiki commons is the most ideal resource for copy-write free images.

Thanks.

You only need to give the source from where you copied the image.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thanks.

You only need to give the source from where you copied the image.

There area plethora of sites that offer images free from copyright. For example
http://www.morguefile.in/
is one of them.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Thanks.

Even if the images are taken from public domain and are free, it is better to mention source of image at the end, especially here in boddunan owing to certain circumstances, it is the rule to do so, failing which articles are rejected.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thanks.

Even if the images are taken from public domain and are free, it is better to mention source of image at the end, especially here in boddunan owing to certain circumstances, it is the rule to do so, failing which articles are rejected.

True. Boddunan insists on the source of the image to be away from 'Copyright' complexities which put both the writer and the site in an embarrassing condition.As a member of this site it's advisable to honor the rules.

Thanks.

True. Boddunan insists on the source of the image to be away from 'Copyright' complexities which put both the writer and the site in an embarrassing condition.As a member of this site it's advisable to honor the rules.

I I would suggest not to use pictures even if these are on public domains and 'free to use' as you never know who owns the original copyright for them. Be very careful before uploading a pic with your work. The 'free to use' pics are not for commercial use and our articles do come under 'commercial purpose' since we are being paid for them.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thanks.

I I would suggest not to use pictures even if these are on public domains and 'free to use' as you never know who owns the original copyright for them. Be very careful before uploading a pic with your work. The 'free to use' pics are not for commercial use and our articles do come under 'commercial purpose' since we are being paid for them.

Yes. I agree with you. One should not forget to see them clause," Free for commercial use or any purpose". There is nothing like using your own Photos and images. Or let the article go sans images or photos as this site doesn't insist on images or photos.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.