The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Even if it is protected by copyright and not like wiki commons which permits free use of its images. Even if source is mentioned for a copyright protected image is it not a violation, as it is done without permission. Can someone clarify please.
Even if it is protected by copyright and not like wiki commons which permits free use of its images. Even if source is mentioned for a copyright protected image is it not a violation, as it is done without permission. Can someone clarify please.

Certainly using a copyright protected image without obtaining permission is a violation.

If pictures used are found to be copyrighted then such articles are rejected until those copyrighted images are taken off. Here in boddunan, one can use only those pictures which are available to be used freely with the owner so mentioning clearly, as is the case with most images in Wikimedia commons. The only reason we insist for its source even if they are free, is to assure ourselves about its actual status and to avoid future hassles. I hope this is clear! :cheer:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I had submitted an article yesterday. It is approved by both editor and admin. But it is not published. I dont know the reason for that. Can any one help me out regarding this?.
Copy right of images are big issues and that is why as writers we should respect it and I think even giving link of image is not sufficient as there are different provisions according to creative commons of sharing images, what is author does not want to share that image at other sites but it has been shared, all these need to be clearly looked into before giving source of image and image itself. :whistle: :whistle:

http://mohanmekap.com/

I had submitted an article yesterday. It is approved by both editor and admin. But it is not published. I dont know the reason for that. Can any one help me out regarding this?.

Publishing an article takes time usually between 6-7 days after it has been approved. Also, this thread is not meant for this question hence locking it now.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.