Does anyone have a first hand experience of sending their babies / toddlers / preschoolers to a daycare center and wouldn't mind sharing their feedback with me on this forum? Are daycare/creche reliable and child-friendly?

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Does anyone have a first hand experience of sending their babies / toddlers / preschoolers to a daycare center and wouldn't mind sharing their feedback with me on this forum? Are daycare/creche reliable and child-friendly?[/quote

My experience with Creches or Daycare Centers is they are commercial organizations and Nothing can match a "Mother/s Care/ parental care.
Thank you said by: Mousumi Ghosh
Since there are no proper laws or predefined rules related to daycare/creche etc. it really depends on the person who actually runs such a centre. Although I personally have no experience with my child, since I chose to remain home for his care, I know many friends who send their children to such places. While some had totally horrible experiences with their daycare, some of them had very good experiences. So it is upto an individual to make a lot of inquiries and do a thorough homework before sending their child to any daycare centre or creche!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Mousumi Ghosh
I know nothing can match a mother's care and attention, but there comes a point in your life when you have to take a decision. :)

Thanks for reverting Kalyani :)

Even I have quit my job to take care of my baby, but am unable to choose between daycare and a nanny. Even I know many friends/colleagues who have kids and have hired a babysitter at home. But I feel if at all I have to choose between a daycare and a baby sitter a daycare would be safer.

A Baby sitter at Home would be an ideal choice. But through such agencies which deal with Hiring of Baby sitters. The Agencies have the Baby sitter's full and detailed Credentials.
Since there are no proper laws or predefined rules related to daycare/creche etc. it really depends on the person who actually runs such a centre. Although I personally have no experience with my child, since I chose to remain home for his care, I know many friends who send their children to such places. While some had totally horrible experiences with their daycare, some of them had very good experiences. So it is upto an individual to make a lot of inquiries and do a thorough homework before sending their child to any daycare centre or creche!

In fact there are laws that require the baby sitting /day care centers to register with the local bodies and also have the minimum requirements but it is not being followed. There are a couple of such creches run by a group of ladies who do it within the premises of one of their house and they too have had to register and are given proper certification. They are well run and dont take more than the required number of children, normally about 10 -12 only...If there is one that has been registered it may be a good idea to try ne so that you get a first hand experience since not all of them are bad ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, Mousumi Ghosh

In fact there are laws that require the baby sitting /day care centers to register with the local bodies and also have the minimum requirements but it is not being followed. There are a couple of such creches run by a group of ladies who do it within the premises of one of their house and they too have had to register and are given proper certification. They are well run and dont take more than the required number of children, normally about 10 -12 only...If there is one that has been registered it may be a good idea to try ne so that you get a first hand experience since not all of them are bad ...

Now, not only Daycare centres,but, domestic helps are also required to register their names and obtain an identity card with their photos. I have seen in Bangalore, this rule is strictly adhered. In major apartments, the security personnel would check these identity cards. The same applies to Crèches and Daycare centres.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Thanks for reverting Kalyani :)

Even I have quit my job to take care of my baby, but am unable to choose between daycare and a nanny. Even I know many friends/colleagues who have kids and have hired a babysitter at home. But I feel if at all I have to choose between a daycare and a baby sitter a daycare would be safer.

Mousumi, before choosing between the two, you should make a note of pros and cons in both the cases. If there is someone at home, a grandmother or a grandmother for instance, who can watch over the nanny, then go for that option. The child will be happy in his own home. But if you are thinking of leaving the house and the baby entirely to a nanny, I don't think its wise enough, unless of course, the nanny is very familiar and has proved trustworthy enough. Otherwise it is always safe to leave your child in the daycare where your child is not alone, there are other kids as well.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Mousumi Ghosh
As Kalyani said, it is necessary to give a thought on crèche or Daycare centre or Nanny (even the Nanny is from your relative circle) if they cater to your needs or not. Then arrive at a definitive conclusion.
I know nothing can match a mother's care and attention, but there comes a point in your life when you have to take a decision. :)

Absolutely. You must take a decision, but with precautions. After all every mother wants her child is in the right hands and under trusted custody in her absence.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.