Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Completely agree with you Kalyani. It is better to have someone over like a grandmother to watch over a nanny than to leave my baby with a complete stranger. After all the recent news in Pune about a babysitter beating a 1yr old ruthlessly for no reason when both parents were in their offices was scary! Hence, was considering a daycare as my option. Yeah a thorough research has to be done before I finalize a daycare.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Completely agree with you Kalyani. It is better to have someone over like a grandmother to watch over a nanny than to leave my baby with a complete stranger. After all the recent news in Pune about a babysitter beating a 1yr old ruthlessly for no reason when both parents were in their offices was scary! Hence, was considering a daycare as my option. Yeah a thorough research has to be done before I finalize a daycare.

I know how hard it is for a mother to leave her child in others' care, so I would suggest that you take care of your baby for as long as you can. I know financial considerations are of prime importance nowadays with increasing prices for everything, but your baby also needs you more than anything else. I too had a good career until my son was born but chose to give it up rather than entrust him to someone else's care. At least until the age of 5, mothers should care for their children. Now there are plenty of jobs for people with good experience and skills. But if working is absolutely necessary then go ahead and send your child to daycare centre, but do a lot of research and consider at least 3 or 4 such places. Visit these places at odd times before prior notice and observe how other children appear. whether they look happy or distressed, contented etc. That should give a clue!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Mousumi Ghosh
Completely agree with you. And like you said //Visit these places at odd times before prior notice and observe how other children appear. whether they look happy or distressed, contented etc. That should give a clue!// Sounds really helpful and worth giving a try!

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Completely agree with you. And like you said //Visit these places at odd times before prior notice and observe how other children appear. whether they look happy or distressed, contented etc. That should give a clue!// Sounds really helpful and worth giving a try!

Yes Mousumi, it does give a clue as to how well or otherwise the children are treated there. Also visiting at odd times unexpectedly lets you on on the actual goings on in such places. If you visit only while leaving and picking up the child, those are the only times the staff will behave!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Mousumi Ghosh
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.