Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
sajeetharan wrote:
[quote]what do you mean by domestic affairs? I guess is it cooking,cleaning,maintaining kids?Yes i agree.Most of the husbands in India dont even prepare his own tea, dont even boil eggs...cooking is very big thing for Indian, pakistani, bangladeshi husbands.[/quote]

Domestic affairs mean the whole range of household jobs. The husband may help his wife in these jobs but he should leave decision to the wife. The wife must have final say even in budgeting household expenses.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Sajeetharan wrote:
[quote]cooking is very big thing for Indian, pakistani, bangladeshi husbands. [/quote]

What about Serilankan husbands? Do they cook and clean and wash and mop and raise their children??? :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@Kalyani :ohmy: :ohmy:

You have to ask some one from Srilanka who is married. Anyway am going to marry an Indian girl and will be an Indian citizen too.
:blink:
I understood the first part of the proverb.But the second part not digesting.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Kalyani it is now your time to explain the quote!

am waiting for your explanation
A good husband is healthy ok fine, but if he is good husband n healthy how come he is absent!!!!!
THANKS KALYANI FOR EXPLAIN THESE LINES. YA YOU ARE SAYING RIGHT ABOUT THESE LINES. :) :) :) :) :)
Hope Gulshan had explained the proverb well.. :) :) :) :)

I think another good word can be used instead of the word "absent" This looks good. :P :P :P

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Good discussion guys!

It literally means what it says, a good husband should be healthy so that he can work hard and earn money to provide for his family. To work hard, he has to be away from home for at least 1012 hours of the day that explains the word 'absent'

Deepti, I know the word absent is a bit jarring on our senses, but remember that this is a Japanese proverb and was probably coined when the chief sustenance of the people was by toiling on the lands and producing food crops. Therefore, the language is so straight forward with no decorations. :) :) :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani,On seeing the explanation given by Gulshan, it is some what disturbing that "ABSENCE" of husband at home is refereed to as Good Husband... :P
Being a housewife, it is disturbing me :P :P :P :P :)

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.