Generally, we use oil/ refined oil for cooking. How is cooking in wine? I heard that chicken is also cooked in whiskey or rum. Has anyone ever taken such dish. If so, please share experience.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am no more eating non veg for 8 years but when I did I have eaten chicken cooked in wine. Most French and Italians cooks prepare it with red wine. This has altogether different from our style of chicken as they use lots of different ingredients including garlic, shallots and red wine and put it in microwave. That sounds great but tastes .....I would not mention it. :woohoo:

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Actually using wine in cooking gives some dishes a very delicious taste. Although I don't eat non-veg I have tasted chicken cooked in wine once and it was definitely tasty. Other that that, I love to eat the brandy and rum-infused cakes that you get around Christmas. They are certainly yummy and addictive!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
This is first time I am hearing that cooking is possible in wine specially chiken. Is it tasty or not?

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
I had seen lots of Varieties cooked in Wine on TLC. May be some different flavor is generated, by adding wine in the food.

Want to make each day Accountable

In food we can use white wine which really gives a good taste and a good smell in the food.I never tried so but I have heard from one of my friend that if we add little bit of white wine in fish or chicken its taste really turned awesome.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Generally, we use oil/ refined oil for cooking. How is cooking in wine? I heard that chicken is also cooked in whiskey or rum. Has anyone ever taken such dish. If so, please share experience.

I too use red wine for a dish made with mutton and white wine for chicken.It is very tasty,I dont eat meat,but taste the gravy and it is good. Here in Mangalore we also use a locally made toddy called neera for cooking pork .Neera is also used for fermenting dough while making aappams, which are like dosas..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I too use red wine for a dish made with mutton and white wine for chicken.It is very tasty,I dont eat meat,but taste the gravy and it is good. Here in Mangalore we also use a locally made toddy called neera for cooking pork .Neera is also used for fermenting dough while making aappams, which are like dosas..

I have heard of neera, this is made of palm I think. This is easily available in Maharashtra and coastal areas I guess.

I have heard of neera, this is made of palm I think. This is easily available in Maharashtra and coastal areas I guess.

Yes sunil, it is toddy made from a special kind of palm tree, we have one at home :P , a very old one ! It is a very decorative tree and cutting it would be a great problem since you need to get the proper licence to do it...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes sunil, it is toddy made from a special kind of palm tree, we have one at home :P , a very old one ! It is a very decorative tree and cutting it would be a great problem since you need to get the proper licence to do it...

But that is for all the grown up trees if you have to cut them you have to take permission from forest department especially fruit trees.

But that is for all the grown up trees if you have to cut them you have to take permission from forest department especially fruit trees.

Yes thats true, you cannot cut any tree without a licence and some trees are even more difficult to cut like this toddy palm..
In Mangalore a local wine is made mostly by the catholic community which is a blend of red/black grapes and cashew fruits - a cross between feni and wine which has a sharp taste but nice ! It is extensively used by them while cooking pork,beef and other meat like rabbit and wild boar ..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.