Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Cooking with wine brings additional flavor to the food we prepare.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Cooking with wine brings additional flavor to the food we prepare.

This is firdt time I am hearing that wine is used in cooking to bring it's taste. Most of eater don't know this.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Generally, we use oil/ refined oil for cooking. How is cooking in wine? I heard that chicken is also cooked in whiskey or rum. Has anyone ever taken such dish. If so, please share experience.

I too use red wine for a dish made with mutton and white wine for chicken.It is very tasty,I dont eat meat,but taste the gravy and it is good. Here in Mangalore we also use a locally made toddy called neera for cooking pork .Neera is also used for fermenting dough while making aappams, which are like dosas..

Wow you use Neera for cooking? I love Neera a lot, we get it here during the summer months and it is very much sweet and naturally cooling.

Yes Kalyani, Neera is traditionally used a lot in cooking here since it was available freely earlier.But now with the town developing and extending you dont get to see that many palm trees ..But, Neera is available in weekly markets where villagers bring stuff from outside the city :) I too like it when it is fresh and sweet but if you drink it after a while when it begins to ferment , it can really hit you LOL :cheer:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Generally, we use oil/ refined oil for cooking. How is cooking in wine? I heard that chicken is also cooked in whiskey or rum. Has anyone ever taken such dish. If so, please share experience.

I too use red wine for a dish made with mutton and white wine for chicken.It is very tasty,I dont eat meat,but taste the gravy and it is good. Here in Mangalore we also use a locally made toddy called neera for cooking pork .Neera is also used for fermenting dough while making aappams, which are like dosas..

Wow you use Neera for cooking? I love Neera a lot, we get it here during the summer months and it is very much sweet and naturally cooling.

Yes Kalyani, Neera is traditionally used a lot in cooking here since it was available freely earlier.But now with the town developing and extending you dont get to see that many palm trees ..But, Neera is available in weekly markets where villagers bring stuff from outside the city :) I too like it when it is fresh and sweet but after a while it can really hit you LOL :cheer:

Neera is oil or wine ?

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

Yes Kalyani, Neera is traditionally used a lot in cooking here since it was available freely earlier.But now with the town developing and extending you dont get to see that many palm trees ..But, Neera is available in weekly markets where villagers bring stuff from outside the city :) I too like it when it is fresh and sweet but after a while it can really hit you LOL :cheer:

Neera is oil or wine ?

Neera is a kind of toddy or the sap got from a particulr type of palm trees and it is a very cooling and refreshing drink...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.