I Have seen that many ladies in India,especially housewives belonging to the middle class and upper middle class households are totally dependent on their men folk where finance and spending money is concerned.
I personally feel that it is very essential for women to be financially independent- it is essential for the well being of the family that even a housewife who is looking after the home and children have some spending money that she can call her own..

Please add your views ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I agree. Housewives should also take up some part time job or internet job from facility of home. These days, there is a trend that many husbands help their wives in earning in their own names. Many women are L.I.C. and Mutual Fund agents because of their husbands' help. This is partly owing to fact that men may not legally do two jobs. If the husband is Income Tax officer, he can not be tax consultant . So, he will use his wife's services for such extra work. In these cases, women should assert themselves and play more active role. Their husbands' contacts will help them a lot. Many army officers also have their wives in such job. Their contacts in army help.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Housewife they completely depend on their husband job.They some time feel hesitate to ask for money from their hubby.So they must do some part time job just to earn at least their pocket money so that they don't have to depend fully on their husband.

Sharmistha Banerjee
I agree. Housewives should also take up some part time job or internet job from facility of home. These days, there is a trend that many husbands help their wives in earning in their own names. Many women are L.I.C. and Mutual Fund agents because of their husbands' help. This is partly owing to fact that men may not legally do two jobs. If the husband is Income Tax officer, he can not be tax consultant . So, he will use his wife's services for such extra work. In these cases, women should assert themselves and play more active role. Their husbands' contacts will help them a lot. Many army officers also have their wives in such job. Their contacts in army help.

Yes , I too have seen many housewives doing this,L.I.C and also postal investments which give them incentive.As long as they are satisfied with what they earn without neglecting their responsibilities , it is a very positive development.There are many who also supply food ( tiffins ) to work places and even homes.There is a lot of demand for home cooked economical meals by many bachelors and even working couple..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I think most of the upper middle class ladies doing extra income for their pocket money is only for fun or to show to others that they are capable of doing it. I also think that they spend almost as much as they earn to satisfy their ego. We should not forget the extra help they hire while going out to earn that money besides the cost of transport and maintenance. I believe that ladies should go for earning money either as full time worker or while in real need. This is my personal opinion and should be taken that way only, I am not against working women at all.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I think most of the upper middle class ladies doing extra income for their pocket money is only for fun or to show to others that they are capable of doing it. I also think that they spend almost as much as they earn to satisfy their ego. We should not forget the extra help they hire while going out to earn that money besides the cost of transport and maintenance. I believe that ladies should go for earning money either as full time worker or while in real need. This is my personal opinion and should be taken that way only, I am not against working women at all.

Housewife they completely depend on their husband job.They some time feel hesitate to ask for money from their hubby.So they must do some part time job just to earn at least their pocket money so that they don't have to depend fully on their husband.

I agree with your views ! But again it is an individuals choice.However, we have to take many things into account including the biological differences that are there.Child rearing is not an easy job and women are better equipped to do this so once a couple decide to have children they should be clear about their future course !
At the same time ,a professionally qualified person may feel that she has to do justice to her efforts and to herself by pursuing a career that may require a lot of commitment , rather than be a mere housewife , whose efforts largely go unnoticed !!!

I agree with your views ! But again it is an individuals choice.However, we have to take many things into account including the biological differences that are there.Child rearing is not an easy job and women are better equipped to do this so once a couple decide to have children they should be clear about their future course !
At the same time ,a professionally qualified person may feel that she has to do justice to her efforts and to herself by pursuing a career that may require a lot of commitment , rather than be a mere housewife , whose efforts largely go unnoticed !!!

I agree in case of professionals, one should utilize her qualification fully and to the best to her ability doing a full time job.

I agree all the house wives should have financial independence. That's true they should try to find out some ways to earn some pocket money and may be internet has provided the best solution for them to earn a bit while sitting at home. :)
Financial independency surely need for women. Nowadays more women are working and they are financially independent, and they take their own decisions.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
I agree all the house wives should have financial independence. That's true they should try to find out some ways to earn some pocket money and may be internet has provided the best solution for them to earn a bit while sitting at home. :)

Yes that's absolutely right ! One can use the internet to ones advantage and earn a decent amount with some effort.This is also a good way of keeping oneself socially engaged since you get to exchange ideas with other people on the net...

I agree they will earn a bit and loose a lot. They should not do it for the sake of fun unless trained properly and capable. Suppose they earned 500/ spending 1000/ directly and indirectly, would you call it earning. There are very few women or men who are able to meet the expenses leave apart earning or even pocket money.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.