Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Every woman definitely needs to have, what you called, some spending money of her own. I know from my mum and many of my aunts etc. that they save a little bit of money from their monthly budgets and use that in times of need or to buy something special for the family. The best example is the story behind the foundation of Infosys - Sudha Murthy, wife of Narayana Murthy did exactly that and when he wanted to quit his job but was uncertain how to finance his project, she came up with 10,000 rupees she had been squirreling away! :)

Thats very true Kalyani, I too havee great admiration for Sudha Murthy, who inspite of all the wealth, still teaches at Christ College in Bangalore and is totally committed to everything she does...They are an exemplary couple !

Yes, Usha! I simply adore them both! They are just so down-to-earth and believe in the right values and more importantly, they practice what they preach, unlike so many biggie-wiggies that we know!

That's true ! In most middle class families or lower middle class families women work because there is a genuine need. But the same thing also works against them when the t they are accused of neglecting the home front because they are greedy for money...I doubt if men ever face such situations where their career and earnings are concerned ! :dry:

You see, I am jobless for almost 2+ years and every one keeps poking me. :( :( :( :( So this is not gender specific, any one can face it.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Every woman definitely needs to have, what you called, some spending money of her own. I know from my mum and many of my aunts etc. that they save a little bit of money from their monthly budgets and use that in times of need or to buy something special for the family. The best example is the story behind the foundation of Infosys - Sudha Murthy, wife of Narayana Murthy did exactly that and when he wanted to quit his job but was uncertain how to finance his project, she came up with 10,000 rupees she had been squirreling away! :)

Thats very true Kalyani, I too havee great admiration for Sudha Murthy, who inspite of all the wealth, still teaches at Christ College in Bangalore and is totally committed to everything she does...They are an exemplary couple !

Yes, Usha! I simply adore them both! They are just so down-to-earth and believe in the right values and more importantly, they practice what they preach, unlike so many biggie-wiggies that we know!

That's true ! In most middle class families or lower middle class families women work because there is a genuine need. But the same thing also works against them when the t they are accused of neglecting the home front because they are greedy for money...I doubt if men ever face such situations where their career and earnings are concerned ! :dry:

You see, I am jobless for almost 2+ years and every one keeps poking me. :( :( :( :( So this is not gender specific, any one can face it.

:P Comeon sunil, you have done all you can and then decided to give it up, right ? there is a difference !!! Working women coming from traditional families do face all kinds of problems.Most of it comes from the close family of in-laws and husband himself...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

:P Comeon sunil, you have done all you can and then decided to give it up, right ? there is a difference !!! Working women coming from traditional families do face all kinds of problems.Most of it comes from the close family of in-laws and husband himself...

Hahaha we both are jobless for the same time and enjoying our jobless life. She is with me in every situation and place. Now she is busy taking care of our little angel and me helping her. There is the little one who does all the poking. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

True, a woman is supposed to keep everyone comfortable even when she is busy working outside home and still be available to others with a smiling face even when she is exhausted! While men would just put up their feet and snap their fingers at their wives to attend to them!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Financial independence is important in a marriage because it can also mean 'independence of thought. Financial independence" means lots of things to lots of women

Hahaha we both are jobless for the same time and enjoying our jobless life. She is with me in every situation and place. Now she is busy taking care of our little angel and me helping her. There is the little one who does all the poking. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

YOu cannot say you are jobless then, you are doing a full time job of being a grandpa!!! :laugh: :laugh: :)

Thats very true Kalyani, I too havee great admiration for Sudha Murthy, who inspite of all the wealth, still teaches at Christ College in Bangalore and is totally committed to everything she does...They are an exemplary couple ![/quote]

Yes, Usha! I simply adore them both! They are just so down-to-earth and believe in the right values and more importantly, they practice what they preach, unlike so many biggie-wiggies that we know![/quote]

That's true ! In most middle class families or lower middle class families women work because there is a genuine need. But the same thing also works against them when the t they are accused of neglecting the home front because they are greedy for money...I doubt if men ever face such situations where their career and earnings are concerned ! :dry:[/quote]

You see, I am jobless for almost 2+ years and every one keeps poking me. :( :( :( :( So this is not gender specific, any one can face it.[/quote]

:P Comeon sunil, you have done all you can and then decided to give it up, right ? there is a difference !!! Working women coming from traditional families do face all kinds of problems.Most of it comes from the close family of in-laws and husband himself...[/quote]

Hahaha we both are jobless for the same time and enjoying our jobless life. She is with me in every situation and place. Now she is busy taking care of our little angel and me helping her. There is the little one who does all the poking. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:[/quote]

YOu cannot say you are jobless then, you are doing a full time job of being a grandpa!!! :laugh: :laugh: :)[/quote]
Grandpa who pays for getting poked, walking him, and what not :( :(

Yes, Usha! I simply adore them both! They are just so down-to-earth and believe in the right values and more importantly, they practice what they preach, unlike so many biggie-wiggies that we know![/quote]

That's true ! In most middle class families or lower middle class families women work because there is a genuine need. But the same thing also works against them when the t they are accused of neglecting the home front because they are greedy for money...I doubt if men ever face such situations where their career and earnings are concerned ! :dry:[/quote]

You see, I am jobless for almost 2+ years and every one keeps poking me. :( :( :( :( So this is not gender specific, any one can face it.[/quote]

:P Comeon sunil, you have done all you can and then decided to give it up, right ? there is a difference !!! Working women coming from traditional families do face all kinds of problems.Most of it comes from the close family of in-laws and husband himself...[/quote]

Hahaha we both are jobless for the same time and enjoying our jobless life. She is with me in every situation and place. Now she is busy taking care of our little angel and me helping her. There is the little one who does all the poking. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:[/quote]

YOu cannot say you are jobless then, you are doing a full time job of being a grandpa!!! :laugh: :laugh: :)[/quote]
Grandpa who pays for getting poked, walking him, and what not :( :([/quote]

But nonetheless enjoyable than anything else in this world!!! :) :)

But nonetheless enjoyable than anything else in this world!!! :) :)[/quote]

There is no doubt about that, his granny went especially to fetch him from Sydney and we three are having fun as we two had never before. His granny is so busy with him that she has stopped caring for any one else and I am doing nothing but to walk with him with my camera to capture his every activity . I hve stopped almost every other activities apart forums. :)
We two are more jobless now.

But nonetheless enjoyable than anything else in this world!!! :) :)[/quote]

There is no doubt about that, his granny went especially to fetch him from Sydney and we three are having fun as we two had never before. His granny is so busy with him that she has stopped caring for any one else and I am doing nothing but to walk with him with my camera to capture his every activity . I hve stopped almost every other activities apart forums. :)
We two are more jobless now.[/quote]

That is so nice, so your daughter is still in Sydney then?? :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.