Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It's instant plastic banana leaf.....which looks exactly like banana leaf......use once and throw

Yes it is a use and throw plates just look like banana leaves.

can you tell me a brief about your marriage functions...also dishes prepared.....

Meera sandhu
I think, north Indian Hindu marriages......swayamvar in front of fire while South Indians lit a bronze lamp. All other rituals, it seems almost the same

Meera sandhu
Bengali wedding is a long process that's what I have heard and seen in movies. I know that the face of bride is covered with the leaves which she will be holding in her hand. She will sit on a tool. Her brothers would carry the tool and make her move around the groom. Groom will put sindoor on her head with his gold ring. The first time she would look her husband's face during marriage procedure that is called "subho drishti". Three times couples would exchange the wedding flower necklace.

Leaves? Which plant's leaves do you use and what is its significance?
I think, north Indian Hindu marriages......swayamvar in front of fire while South Indians lit a bronze lamp. All other rituals, it seems almost the same

You mean in south India the couples move in circle around the bronze lamp?

You mean in south India the couples move in circle around the bronze lamp?

No, rituals are performed in front of a deepam and they revolve Mandapam as a whole, the place where marriage is performed.

We do exchange flower or tulsi garlands.......of course ladies first :P like swayamvar after mangal sootr is tied.

Meera sandhu
Bengali wedding is a long process that's what I have heard and seen in movies. I know that the face of bride is covered with the leaves which she will be holding in her hand. She will sit on a tool. Her brothers would carry the tool and make her move around the groom. Groom will put sindoor on her head with his gold ring. The first time she would look her husband's face during marriage procedure that is called "subho drishti". Three times couples would exchange the wedding flower necklace.

Leaves? Which plant's leaves do you use and what is its significance?

I think beetal leaves.....I have seen in films :unsure: :unsure:

Meera sandhu
Rice, Sambar,Rasam,Butter milk, Side-dish using Vegitable, Sweet and Banana and Ice cream

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
I am from Bengal and as a Bengali in our custom our marriage ceremony held according to the time.It may be at evening or night .In our marriage we used to serve people with veg and non veg dishes.Specially the dishes include muton,chicken,pulao,sweets,ice cream,puri and many more things.

Sharmistha Banerjee

The most important part of a Hindu marriage in our parts is a Saptapadi, commonly known as Seven times round the fire while Pandits chanting Shlokas and telling the pair about importance of married life.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

It depends on the money one would like to spend.One can serve as many dishes he would like there is no such rule about it.These days they serve fast food too before dinner in which many of the items like chowmein,pao bhaji,Dosa,tikki all are served and in the dinner 3~4 vegetables,rice,dahi bhalla,sweets or ice cream are served. :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.